Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Comi:  12 mins ago
 Gunnar:  15 mins ago
 amigakit:  32 mins ago
 vox:  58 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 1 min ago
 kolla:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  How to convert a tool icon into a commodity icon?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Hypex 
Re: How to convert a tool icon into a commodity icon?
Posted on 14-Sep-2022 18:02:22
#21 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Quote:
I just created a temp WBStartup draw and can confirm they extra gadgets do occur on both the RAWBInfo icon tab and also on the plain workbench info window (that you rarely see as RAWBInfo or a third party replacement usually replace it...)

I found it even works on another volume. I tried it on my Work volume. So it must look at the parent drawer and show extra options if it was called WBStartup.

Quote:
Well there is no difference as Workbench opened it on behalf of WBStartup prefs. But it's clearly being used in a "modal" context and only blocks WBStartup, not the rest of the workbench.

Except there is a difference as it reveals extra options if it's opened from either WBStartup or WBStartup Prefs. I also think I figured out why I didn't see the extra options. If the icon info window is already displayed from Workbench then WBStartup Prefs will activate the same window and in testing I had it opened from either one.

Quote:
The command line WBInfo also blocks in the same way, so that any script using it can besure that the chnages required by the user are commited before the script continues.

I would expect a script to block. But I wouldn't expect an Info window to block. Since they multitask on Workbench.

Quote:
I would think the WBStartup drawer part is documented in the original AmigaOS 3.1/5/9 manuals but I don't have acopy to hand. The behaviour from WBStartup prefs mimics the behaviour with the old drawer.

First time I've heard of it AFAIK. But I looked in the OS4 docs and online wiki and saw nothng mentioned. At this point any docs in OS3.9 as as good as irrelevant since it's 20 years out of date and it isn't OS4.

Profile     Report this post  
amigagr 
Posted on 14-Sep-2022 19:24:52
#22 ]

Quote:

Hypex wrote:

Quote:
I would think the WBStartup drawer part is documented in the original AmigaOS 3.1/5/9 manuals but I don't have acopy to hand. The behaviour from WBStartup prefs mimics the behaviour with the old drawer.

First time I've heard of it AFAIK. But I looked in the OS4 docs and online wiki and saw nothng mentioned. At this point any docs in OS3.9 as as good as irrelevant since it's 20 years out of date and it isn't OS4.

WBStartup_Drawer

Hypex 
Posted on 15-Sep-2022 2:07:19
#23 ]
Elite Member

@amigagr

Quote:
WBStartup_Drawer

I didn't see that page before. But it doesn't give confidence by saying it's obsolete. Also the phrase "WBStartup window" is confusing. It says the WBStartup drawer is obsolete and to drag icons into a WBStartup window. Huh? What's the difference? To the end user that can mean the same thing. They don't say what this window is.

In any case it still makes no mention of the Info GUI turning options on and off.

smf 
Posted on 15-Sep-2022 5:56:46
#24 ]

The WBStartup drawer functionality is probably still there if someone really wants it back.
Just create the directory in sys: and use it like in the old days.

When i first started to use os4 i was still using the wbstartup drawer but later on i figured out i prefer the new way so i have not created it for many years but afaik the functionality is still there if anyone needs it.

Hypex 
Posted on 15-Sep-2022 16:35:48
#25 ]
Elite Member

@smf

It is still there and I've stopped using it. But it doesn't help with Info acting differently. Well, it will make it act differently, since Info acts differently depending on what called it and what the parent drawer name is.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle