Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 122 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Seiya:  41 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 vox:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 11 mins ago
 mbrantley:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 35 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  3 hrs 43 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 57 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Team Boing Ball!
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Team Boing Ball!
Posted on 28-Nov-2022 18:03:35
#1 ]
Elite Member

Croatia are top of Group F with Belgium to play on Thursday! Cheer on every Amigan's second favourite team!

Former Miss Croatia Ivana Knoll with culturally sensitive head covering intact But remember that "only the Boing Balls should bounce"!

LINK

Profile     Report this post  
DiscreetFX 
Re: Team Boing Ball!
Posted on 28-Nov-2022 19:19:54
#2 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Nice to see more red and white checks in the world.

:)

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 10:01:48
#3 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@BigD

For a Bible thumper, you don't really champion modesty and the non-objectification of women much, do you?

Bosanac 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 10:16:40
#4 ]

@Karlos

He can do anything he wants and go direct to heaven because “Jesus died for my sins”.

Such is the twisted logic of Christianity.

It’s why their clerics sexually abuse kids.

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 11:07:57
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Bosanac

Maybe it's a way of coping with some deeper orientation issue. Must act like a letch to conceal the real desire. Though I can't imagine why, they have gay members of the clergy nowadays.

Bosanac 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 11:11:15
#6 ]

@Karlos

Indeed they do!
https://youtu.be/D6II8XUty7o

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 11:33:20
#7 ]
Elite Member

@Bosanac

I'm no theologian or Islamic Scholar, but this is surely what the last ayat of Surah Al-Fatiha refers to by "nor the path of those who have gone astray."

On a related tangent, it's funny to see the ultra-liberal left up in arms about Qatar's laws and customs regarding homosexuality and transgenderism. What happened to openly accepting other people's cultures and decolonising thought, not projecting white western views on other societies and all that clap trap? They soon assumed the sneering imperialist posture when confronted with a country/culture that doesn't share their views on LGBTQ+ rights, eh?

You can see a deeper hypocrisy in it too, when you consider there was no similar campaign mounted against Russia in 2018, despite having a similar stance on these issues (though you can bet they'd do it since the Ukraine invasion, gotta signal that virtue!). So, what differentiates the mostly white, European-looking Russians from their Qatari counterparts, I wonder? No, I'm sure it's just coincidence that they're not as white and European-looking.

Bosanac 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 13:33:00
#8 ]

@Karlos

Quote:
I'm no theologian or Islamic Scholar, but this is surely what the last ayat of Surah Al-Fatiha refers to by "nor the path of those who have gone astray."

Well they are too busy bending over to take it hard from “those that have earned your wrath”.

Slaves.

BigD 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 14:22:24
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Quote:
You can see a deeper hypocrisy in it too, when you consider there was no similar campaign mounted against Russia in 2018,

The hypocrisy doesn't end there. I doubt the liberal media that push outcry at Qatar care period about their target market anymore! The agenda seems more important than their jobs in many cases! Are they adverse to market factors and capitalism in addition to traditional Biblical values? 'Conservative' parents don't want to have to be forced to explain to their 5, 6 and 7 year old children about 'queer' identity and unpack the LGBTQ+ agenda after just watching a Disney film!

But then Disney are too big to fail at this point I guess so if their entire animation wing wants to throw away their heritage to please their woke employees so be it I guess?!

The new Disney/Pixar Animation Studios' Mantras seem to be:

*Strong male role models are no longer relevant and should be removed.
*Feminism must be pushed above story at all costs.
*Push 'alternative' values whenever possible and make male characters seem stupid and female characters quick witted and brave (good name for a film )
*Push environmentalism over and above the value of human life and protecting the vulnerable!
Note: If all we encourage is a beta male underclass paying historical penance for misogyny then we shouldn't be surprised when in a generation there are no 'heroes' especially men of courage left to protect the vulnerable!
*Pull the plug on the human race, stop having children and hand the planet back to goddess Gaia!

But yes I concede that because I posted a picture of a beautiful Croatian model in checks the feminists/liberals will not listen to never mind accept my point of view! So be it. None of us are perfect.

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 14:37:09
#10 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
*Push environmentalism over and above the value of human life and protecting the vulnerable!

Actually, these aren't mutually exclusive. Most of the world's most vulnerable people live in places most directly impacted by climate change.

Quote:
But yes I concede that because I posted a picture of a beautiful Croatian model in checks...

There are many ways to complete this statement for you. Suffice it to say, I'm not sure Jesus would approve of this type of lecherous behaviour, right? Or is righteous criticism only due for those who prefer the same sex?

BigD 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 15:03:34
#11 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

She's wearing Boing Ball check dress which is appropriate for this site. Heck the most famous Amiga user is Cammy, a girl famous for dressing up as a Street Fighter 2 character! I do not have an issue with what Miss Croatia is wearing but yes I acknowledge it may not be helpful for some people. Sex is meant for a man and women (see XX and XY chromosomes for clarity with some wiggle room for 0.00001% who are intersex) in marriage committed for life, forsaking all others. If you have inappropriate thoughts about Miss Croatia then you should close the tab as should I if it's true of me.

Personally, I'm trying to draw attention to the Croatian football team. The home nations are playing unadventurous and depressing football in my opinion. I am not against models, pit lane girls or booth babes per say if that's what the individuals want to do. If you treat them like human beings whatever they're promoting I don't see the problem. I'm sure former Miss Croatia thinks she was dressing with decorum compared to outfits she may have worn in liberal democracies!

Last edited by BigD on 29-Nov-2022 at 03:05 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 15:12:42
#12 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

And to counter although we may no longer have the likes of Carol Smillie or Rosemary Ford on mainstream Saturday night TV spinning game show wheels or pointing at microwaves as prizes I really don't thing RuPaul's Drag Race shows an enlightened society! It shows a society that doesn't know what a courageous and brave man is any more. And part of being a man (unless called to celibacy and a life of singleness like the Apostle Paul which might have been RuPaul's calling if he'd listened ) is to desire a wife (female = XX chromosomes). That is a GOOD thing! We should acknowledge that men have certain character traits as do women. But it's ok to be different.

Edit: Got my chromosomes wrong!

Last edited by BigD on 29-Nov-2022 at 03:16 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 29-Nov-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 15:14:19
#13 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

It's not what she's wearing or not wearing, or what's she's doing. It's not about her, at all. It's about you and your apparent double standards. Is that clear enough?

BigD 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 15:19:46
#14 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Her name is Ivana Knoll and you can read the newspaper story link if you want! Other than that she's agreed to pose for a photo (of her own free will) and looks the part (head covering and all). I'd rather celebrate the World Cup and the Amiga by posting that photo rather than commenting how poorly Harry Kane has played, how Gareth Bale has been ineffective or by seeing a picture of Marcus Rashford with a comment about how England should have played better! My conscience is clear. I'm sorry the feminists have got to you.

Last edited by BigD on 29-Nov-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 15:28:44
#15 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

I don't care to know, thank you. But I am interested to know what your church has to say about modesty and what is expected of men and women in that regard. I mean you're keen enough to condemn the "sexualisation of the workplace" by LGBTQ+ crowd with their pronouns and all the rest of it, but when it comes down to a grown man posting sexually evocative images of nubile young women on what was traditionally a family friendly forum, your traditional self-righteous scruples go right out the window.

Quote:
... (She) looks the part (head covering and all)

Looks what part, exactly? Having one's head covered in a conservative Muslim country while having everything else on display isn't respecting local traditions, it's mocking them.

Quote:
 sorry the feminists have got to you.

Lol. What has feminism got to do with it? Modern feminists are first to claim the objectification of women is empowerment.

Last edited by Karlos on 29-Nov-2022 at 03:46 PM.
Last edited by Karlos on 29-Nov-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Last edited by Karlos on 29-Nov-2022 at 03:32 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 16:04:56
#16 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

The church is in disarray with divorce and remarriage openly justified while the ex-husband/ex-wife is still alive! So called 'Christian' couples are openly living together prior to marriage and even have the audacity to ask for prayer over it!! Weak beta male leadership and outspoken feminist leadership means individualism is rife. I doubt anyone would say anything regarding what they think the Bible has to say on sex, marriage, sin and relationships period. There is no one left to share "what does your church think"! All that is left is to be accountable to someone and especially to God. If I thought I'd led a Christian brother astray with this image I'd remove it.

Matthew 5:29
"If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell."
...so if the image caused me a problem then I'd obviously take it down!

Sin IS an important issue and you are right to mention it. BUT YOU ARE MISTAKEN THAT OUR CULTURE OR INDEED THE ORGANISED CHURCH HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ON THIS. It has taken the UK government over 2 years to bring any online protection legislation to protect young people from harm. There is no incentive to protect the vulnerable. With that backdrop I am the least of your concerns and Ivana Knoll isn't a threat either. Steer clear of the liberal "whatever is good for you" brigade.

Enjoy the football.

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 16:30:31
#17 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
If I thought I'd led a Christian brother astray with this image I'd remove it.

How do you know you haven't?

Quote:
so if the image caused me a problem then I'd obviously take it down

You don't think the image is sexually suggestive? I guess it's OK, because it's not some chiselled dude showing off his body. Maybe that's what really gets you going. I get it now.

BigD 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 16:45:20
#18 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Have you thought of moving to Qatar? The country obviously needs more clamping down on check burqa wearers! They need to be told to cover up and maybe you're the guy to do it?

As I said, let it go and enjoy the football! If checks are your thing watch Team Amiga on Thursday against Belgium

BigD 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 16:51:31
#19 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Do you struggle with the bikini clad girls in Benny Hill sketches and Morecambe and Wise skits? I guess Kenny Everett was too far too? And yet the perversion of Buzz Lightyear, Disney films and Sarurday Night TV generally is fine? Heck even Stictly Come Dancing is a front for marriage infidelity as far as I can see!

Karlos 
Posted on 29-Nov-2022 16:54:29
#20 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

No, primarily because I don't watch them. Also, you seem to have me confused with someone supporting the ultra-liberal agenda on the one hand while simultaneously calling for the burka on the other.

Is there any end to your cognitive dissonance? Or beginning to your reasoning?

Allow me to explain. I'm a dad, with young kids and began to notice the sexualisation of society and realised I'm are socially more conservative than I thought. Do I want all women running around in burkhas? No. Do I think adults should dress modestly? Yes.

You only seem to see the sexualisation of society when Pride marches down your street in full kink, or demanding the use of pronouns, but you change your tune when it's attractive young women showing off their ample assets for a publicity shot, sharing it here. Would you do the same if it were your daughter? In fact don't answer that. I'm not sure I want to hear your justification.

You are quick to throw around bible quotes for the apparent indecency/immodesty of one but openly embrace the other. Seems very hypocritical to me.

Last edited by Karlos on 29-Nov-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Last edited by Karlos on 29-Nov-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle