Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 71 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OldFart

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OldFart:  38 secs ago
 saleliterary:  2 mins ago
 prawnplop:  7 mins ago
 OlafS25:  11 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  11 mins ago
 pixie:  21 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 chloeneelson:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 37 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Looking for partner(s) to open a physical Amiga 68k shop somewhere in Europe
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
ppcamiga1 
Re: Looking for partner(s) to open a physical Amiga 68k shop somewhere in Europe
Posted on 30-Dec-2022 19:27:26
#21 ]
Cult Member

@CosmosUnivers

It is very interesting what You wrote.
I and other people always think that Motorola switch from 68k to ppc
because has not enough money to compete with Intel alone.
In Your opinion it was masons.
May You give us some deatails?

Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Re: Looking for partner(s) to open a physical Amiga 68k shop somewhere in Europe
Posted on 30-Dec-2022 19:44:37
#22 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@CosmosUnivers
Quote:
A new 68k at 400 Mhz with a GPU at 200 Mhz is more than enough for us...

This sounds a lot like "640K ought to be enough for anyone."

Respectfully, who are you to put some arbitrary limit on how fast a 68K system should be for "us"? We can already emulate 68K systems faster than the real world performance of an 060 scaled to 400MHz.

Amiga4000 
Posted on 30-Dec-2022 19:57:21
#23 ]

@CosmosUnivers
Quote:
A new 68k at 400 Mhz with a GPU at 200 Mhz is more than enough for us...

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 30-Dec-2022 20:38:19
#24 ]
Elite Member

@ CosmosUnivers

Amiga classic stuff without the Vampire V4? Why?

BigD 
Posted on 30-Dec-2022 20:40:31
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Amiga4000

I'd nearly managed to forget about her. I hope she was able to complete her school education despite all the disruption because of the climate change lobby and her apathetic parents!

Amiga4000 
Posted on 30-Dec-2022 21:22:57
#26 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Amiga4000

I'd nearly managed to forget about her. I hope she was able to complete her school education despite all the disruption because of the climate change lobby and her apathetic parents!

Oh no, she's now getting pizza box, climate antagonist Andrew Tate arrested using her "all grown up girly mega brain and high heels" to win the internet last week!

Twitter has been pretty fun for the past 24 hours all thanks to Greta Iceberg.

Last edited by Amiga4000 on 31-Dec-2022 at 03:18 AM.
Last edited by Amiga4000 on 30-Dec-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Jose 
Posted on 30-Dec-2022 22:04:52
#27 ]
Cult Member

Why not do it free lance style ? If you get a name / reputation (what matters in business anyway...) you build it up slowly and later on if needed you can convert it to an official business..

Regarding conspiracy theories, there is something strange with the WEF and those types of associations that has become more visible in the last 3 years, no doubt... And it's being done on our backs... But regarding the computer monopolies they control them for many years now, Intel's Management Engine security the AMD Platform's Security Processor are examples of that. I'm not deeply into any of that, but the articles I've ocasionaly read here and there on the security community's by accident blew me away, they're basically processors inside processors and nonone pretty much knows what they really do or can do.. It would be great to have alternatives. But you can't compete with them now.. OpenPower seems interesting but it's powerpc, you said that's out of the question... :)

By the way what happened to the pop corn smiley ?! I was gonna post one and it's gone. Maybe that was on the old A.Org...

Regarding the freemasons, if this was in the Commodore days I would have believed the possibility of some conspiracy to take it down, for various reasons, from competitors to other more obscure ones. One obvious one was pure greed and corruption... But it's hard to believe that what the Commodore management did was purely by ignorance... i.e. not investing in the Amiga given the games / video / animation market share the Amiga had or could've had, it would have been the king of video editing / effects and probably the newer games would have continued to developed for it... But nowadays ??!!!! Nahhhh you can't be serious.

Last edited by Jose on 30-Dec-2022 at 10:06 PM.

José

agami 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 0:41:55
#28 ]

I'm going to give the elaborate world-building coping mechanism an extra wide berth and focus on the business pragmatism:

This venture would only ever be a complete money sink, partners of which could only engage as a passion project.

As @Karlos has already mentioned, and irrespective of the reasons, the original 68k hardware platform is abandoned, and effecting repairs and mods of the abandoned systems via the suggested scheme will never be able to arrest the decline, let alone reverse it.

I honestly wish the circumstances were different, and were I in possession of several hundred million dollars I would even spend a substantial amount of such fortune in what would no doubt be a misguided attempt at righting the 68k wrong.

Absent that, our options are wide and shallow. Supporting all of them is untenable, so the unenviable role of active participation in a vendor's demise is our charge for the next few years. Those without the stomach for such things have mostly already left, with the few to be the pleading voices mewing of sunnier days spent in greener pastures, hoping against hope to stay our hand, wishing out loud that there is another path.

The way forward is through.

A Happy New Year to all. May each dawn in 2023 in its part erase the shade of dusk which muted our world over the last three years.

CosmosUnivers 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 7:29:40
#29 ]

Quote:

ppcamiga1 wrote:

It is very interesting what You wrote.
I and other people always think that Motorola switch from 68k to ppc
because has not enough money to compete with Intel alone.
In Your opinion it was masons.
May You give us some deatails?

The main reasons are spiritual for me.

Masons hate all good, all excellence. They love mediocrity in all domains. Come in France to see all the disasters they did in my country...

Quote:

Kalors wrote:
Respectfully, who are you to put some arbitrary limit on how fast a 68K system should be for "us"? We can already emulate 68K systems faster than the real world performance of an 060 scaled to 400MHz.

Coders want real CPU. PiStorm for example won't attract any coders, or very very few.
See the V2 and V4 with the same story. Emulation, same.
These "new hardware" are only done to get money from the work of another guys (Motorola engineers).

Last edited by CosmosUnivers on 31-Dec-2022 at 09:03 AM.

V8 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 7:41:30
#30 ]

@Karlos

Quote:

Karlos wrote:
It's not the freemasons keeping the 68k/Amiga down, it's the illuminati. I thought everyone knew that?

No, I thought it was Hotrod's dad that kept the amiga down. Maybe they are connected?
Maybe he is some kind of supreme leader of the freemasons?

I feel so bad. I always doubted Hotrod's warnings and now it is too late/

QBit 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 8:42:15
#31 ]

@all

Fudge the System!

QBit 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 8:43:18
#32 ]

@all

Fudge the System!

QBit 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 9:02:20
#33 ]

@QBit

Set Paula Free!

BigD 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 9:52:52
#34 ]
Elite Member

@CosmosUnivers

Quote:
These "new hardware" are only done to get money from the work of another guys (Motorola engineers).

A very cynical viewpoint IMHOI! I wish you well but you have little chance of challenging Apollo, PiStorm, CS-Lab or TerribleFire teams with that attitude! If you saw a gap in the market and combined the best elements of your competitors' products then fair enough but what is your clear USP over them?

I personally am happy enough with a mix of AmigaStore.eu (Spain) and AmigaKit (UK) for most of my Amiga (Classic) needs. Why should I buy from you in the future?

CosmosUnivers 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 10:00:46
#35 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@CosmosUnivers

A very cynical viewpoint IMHOI! I wish you well but you have little chance of challenging Apollo, PiStorm, CS-Lab or TerribleFire teams with that attitude! If you saw a gap in the market and combined the best elements of your competitors' products then fair enough but what is your clear USP over them?

They have ZERO will to help the Amiga 68k to come back, ZERO : just fame and money, it's all... Good luck with these guys !

One example : I asked Leary at the beginning of his TF 020 boards back in the days to add one 512KB eprom for a good firmware who is extremly important for our Classic, and he did nothing...

It's all the time like that with our bad elite : once you suggest a good idea, they reject. But when you propose a bad idea (new division with ARM for example), they will be ok...

They inverse everything to sink our original computer again and again, the deeper they can... They don't know how to build something great, AND they don't want.

Why they did that ? They want a weak and divided community, they don't want a strong one. They perfectly know what they do...

I stop here, I lost my time. If you refuse to see, it's your problem...

@Moderator, please close this thread... I won't come back...

Last edited by CosmosUnivers on 31-Dec-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Last edited by CosmosUnivers on 31-Dec-2022 at 10:07 AM.
Last edited by CosmosUnivers on 31-Dec-2022 at 10:06 AM.
Last edited by CosmosUnivers on 31-Dec-2022 at 10:05 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 10:08:03
#36 ]
Elite Member

@CosmosUnivers

Quote:
If you want to make mediocrity junk, go with Hyperion, Apollo Team, Jens and many others...

That attitude is worse than anything we've yet seen in the Amiga retail space and things have got quite mean and heated between RetroPassion and AmigaKit!

If you want my advice (and I accept you probably don't) you need to work on your USP and most of all your ability to play nice with others! We don't need more animosity in the Amiga-sphere!

And so, it's with regret...

I'M OUT!!!

BigD 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 10:48:45
#37 ]
Elite Member

@CosmosUnivers

Quote:
Why they did that ? They want a weak and divided community, they don't want a strong one. They perfectly know what they do...

Which is exactly what you'd have further achieved with a confrontational attitude and a "scr$w the rest" bravado!

How would you show your face at Amiga38 for example if you became another Ben Hermans; only accepting that it was your way or the highway? Think on, regroup and formulate a new strategy.

... or better still support the Amiga resellers we do have, support Chris Edwards/Ravi Abbott and their ilk, support the Vampire/PiStorm/CS-Lab/Individual Computing and the TF teams and heck Cloanto and RGL if you can bring yourself to go emulation/mainstream!

But please don't try and smash down what we already have! As consumers/creative users we've never had it so good!

Happy New Year!

Karlos 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 10:59:32
#38 ]
Elite Member

@CosmosUnivers

Quote:
Coders want real CPU

Some coders want to bang bare metal because it's their passion, and I have absolutely no issue with that. However most developers just want to create software. Faster execution times for software can increase productivity for users and make feasible things that were not before. That goes for developers, too. Speaking as a user and a developer I put it to you that emulation, in all its forms, is an excellent thing to have, especially when aiming to preserve the physical life of ageing hardware. Back in the day I didn't think much of the endless, nusiance reboot cycle, beyond what it might be doing to my hard disk. I always saved everything before running a newly compiled iteration of something. Except the few times I didn't, lol. Thanks to emulation I have no reason to subject my physical hardware to anything until I have something I consider stable enough.

ppcamiga1 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 17:04:36
#39 ]
Cult Member

real cpu is important.
If all users will use emulator why develop for it?
Just switch to osx/lnx/win or ios/adroid/lnx.

fpga is ok. it is not emulator.

Karlos 
Posted on 31-Dec-2022 17:26:24
#40 ]
Elite Member

@ppcamiga1

Shouldn't you be slagging off the 68K as crap obsolete old rubbish and ramming PPC down everyone's throat at this point? Are you not feeling well?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle