Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 120 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  5 mins ago
 kolla:  13 mins ago
 amigakit:  22 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  25 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 Frank:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 MickJT:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 outlawal2:  2 hrs 47 mins ago
 AndreasM:  2 hrs 49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  WANTED !!!! The Registered version of MagicWB
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
WANTED !!!! The Registered version of MagicWB
Posted on 25-May-2004 3:32:56
# ]

Hi everybody,

I wanted to register the latest version of MagicWB, but their web site is not accepting registrations at this time. Can any of you sell me a copy of your registered version of MagicWB? I need the last version that was released. Thanks.

Report this post  
Geri 
Re: WANTED !!!! The Registered version of MagicWB
Posted on 25-May-2004 11:09:23
#2 ]
Elite Member

@BoingBoss

Better use NewIcons (v3 has 16 color icons and v4 32 color icons). It dithers/remaps the icon colors to the actual WB colors. MagicWB just allocated colors 4-7 and used a fixed palette. I had NewIcons V4 running on OS3.1 (A500) with 16 colors and it looked good!

- A1 Linux support -

Profile     Report this post  
ikir 
Posted on 25-May-2004 11:13:03
#3 ]
Elite Member

@BoingBoss

Doomaster again?

salass00 
Posted on 25-May-2004 11:24:24
#4 ]
Elite Member

@BoingBoss

FullPalette (on Aminet). allows locking and setting of WB colours, so you could use that as well to get the MagicWB palette on your WB.

hotrod 
Posted on 25-May-2004 12:35:19
#5 ]
Elite Member

@salass00

AOS 3.9 has this built-in. Run sys:prefs/workbench and you'll find a setting for magicwb-colours. Works great.

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2004 19:40:21
# ]

@Geri

I already have NewIcons running on my Kickstart 3.1 / Workbench 3.9 Amiga 2500 computer. I want to install the lastest Registered version of MagicWB on my Kickstart 2.04 / Workbench 2.1 Amiga 2000HD computer. I have 3 of the Amiga 2000 Series computers and an Amiga 500 Tower of Power. I just love them. I had an Amiga 1200, but I sold it. I did not like it. I am looking for an Amiga 3000 Tower in like new condition with original boxes. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2004 19:49:28
# ]

@ikir

Your web site was done in the wrong screen resolution. The standard screen resolution for the internet is 800 X 600, not 1024 X 768. You should correct it. As soon as I went to your web site and saw that it was in the wrong screen resolution, I left. I know that many other people that visit your web site are doing the same thing. People do not like to have to scroll from side to side when viewing a web site, they will just leave. Ikir, do not take this the wrong way, I am just trying to help you.

Report this post  
FuZion 
Posted on 25-May-2004 20:22:20
#8 ]

I find that ikir's website fits my browser with resolutions from 640x480 screen up to 1280x1024. The content on the site changes width accordingly & I do not have to scroll left & right. This is on IBrowse.

I have found that InternetExplorer displays some web pages slightly wider than it's window. Like my own site. On every other browser I have tested it's fine but Explorer draws the pages about 10/15 pixels wider that the window, whatever resolution the screen is.

I would recommend trying out the site with different browsers. Just to see. Then you can have a read

FuZion.

---
Gimmie a T... Gimmie an R... Gimme an O... Gimmie a... ... ...

ikir 
Posted on 25-May-2004 20:40:55
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Doommaster

www.iksnet.it ca be viewed with any resolution.

ikir.iksnet.it is designed for 1024x768+css browser. As stated in the website itself. And the "standard" resolution for website is nowdays 1024x768.

Jeffimix 
Posted on 25-May-2004 20:47:17
#10 ]

@FuZion
Yeah I got the same problem too in IE, making a webpage with Frontpage(junky btw) no less!

Heh, it's Hans, Master of Doom!

The shareware version of MagicWB seemed fine when I tried it, the nag screen was just some program in wbstartup that can be removed...

alx 
Posted on 25-May-2004 20:51:27
#11 ]

@ikir

Quote:
www.iksnet.it ca be viewed with any resolution.

I wish to complain! I've just checked it out on PAL Low-Res (with no scrolling) and all that was visible was the logo and "Menu principale"

Great site, and works fine in 800x600 here in IBrowse, Firefox and IE

-Sam- 
Posted on 25-May-2004 21:46:18
#12 ]
Elite Member

@BoingBoss

You use 800x600 for web browsing? That must be very restrictive.

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2004 22:23:51
# ]

@-Sam-

No it is NOT "restrictive". The standard screen resolution for the internet IS 800 X 600. Since MOST of the world uses Internet Explorer you had better make sure that your web pages will display properly on it.

Anyway, we are getting off topic, so let's get back on it. Do any of you have or know where I can buy the full registered version of the latest release of MagicWB? Thanks.

Report this post  
Skyraker 
Posted on 25-May-2004 22:45:59
#14 ]
Cult Member

Christ on a bike..... the Doom Circus has rolled into town.. has it been a year already?

[quote]Amiga were also offered Amithlon before anyone else. I was the first to run it. It ROCKED HARD. I begged them to use it, we had a WINNER and could sell a bajillion of them. We owned all the rights to it! But sadly, Bill and Fleecy didn't want peopl

Skyraker 
Posted on 25-May-2004 22:48:50
#15 ]
Cult Member

@DOOM

I've got a reg code you can have.

KCIDYRAIHGIBYMKCUS

If that doesn't work, use a mirror.

[quote]Amiga were also offered Amithlon before anyone else. I was the first to run it. It ROCKED HARD. I begged them to use it, we had a WINNER and could sell a bajillion of them. We owned all the rights to it! But sadly, Bill and Fleecy didn't want peopl

peggus 
Posted on 26-May-2004 1:31:57
#16 ]

@Skyraker

Quote:

Skyraker wrote:
@DOOM

I've got a reg code you can have.

KCIDYRAIHGIBYMKCUS

If that doesn't work, use a mirror.

No no no, it's supposed to be...

ELDNACXODOTROYRIAHGIBYMKCUS

Tomas 
Posted on 26-May-2004 3:00:18
#17 ]
Elite Member

@BoingBoss
Quote:
No it is NOT "restrictive". The standard screen resolution for the internet IS 800 X 600. Since MOST of the world uses Internet Explorer you had better make sure that your web pages will display properly on it.

Is it the web developers fault that IE does not follow the official web standards?
The page looks fine in any the browsers that follow the official standards "w3c"
If you are going to complain, then send microsoft a mail and tell them to get rid of the bugs in their browser! IE just completly sucks... get a real web browser.

The only reason why so many people are still using IE, is because it comes with Windows... People are either just too lazy to download, or they dont know how..

btw, your site is not very perfect either, as the mainmenu link points to a non existing htm document: http://home.comcast.net/~hansgcampbell/mainmenu.htm
Page URL Not Found!!

The requested page does not exist on this server. The URL you typed or followed is either outdated or inaccurate.

Siosk 
Posted on 26-May-2004 3:22:12
#18 ]
From: If there's a bright centre to this galaxy I'm on the planet that it's furthest from.

Quote:
The standard screen resolution for the internet IS 800 X 600

Eh? How do you work that out? I'd never design a Website for that resolution... maybe a few years ago, But today... Pfft.

Everyone I know uses *At least* a 17" monitor, 800 by 600 is not an option.. unless you want A4 size desktop icons.
Hell.. I wouldn't use that screen size on a 15" monitor, I never have

Anonymous 
Posted on 26-May-2004 3:41:54
# ]

@Tomas

The Main Area of my Classic Amiga web site is not done yet, so it is not up. Just keep checking back. I upload my pages as I complete them. Please note that my Classic Amiga Web Site will only cover the higher quality true Amiga computers. This means that only the following Amiga models will be covered: Amiga 2000, 1000, 500, and the 3000 Tower. The lower quality Amigas and the Amigas that people are constantly having problems with will not be covered on my web site. This means that the following Amiga models will not be covered: Amiga 1200 and 600 because they are very low quality and the Amiga 3000, 4000, and 4000 Tower because people are always having problems with these computers. The AmigaOne also will NOT be covered because it is NOT a true Amiga computer. By the time I am finished, my Classic Amiga Web Site will be one of the best Amiga web sites in the world. Anything you want to know about the Classic Amiga computers will be on my web site, including very hard to find information.

Anyway, guys we are off topic, so please let's get back on topic. Can any of you help me with MagicWB? Thanks

Report this post  
Siosk 
Posted on 26-May-2004 3:47:50
#20 ]
From: If there's a bright centre to this galaxy I'm on the planet that it's furthest from.

@BoingBoss
Quote:
my Classic Amiga Web Site will be one of the best Amiga computers web sites in the world

If it's all the same to you I'll wait 'till I see it

Still, Have a special section on modesty why don't ya?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle