New release of AmigaOne firmware available
Date 10-Mar-2003 11:23:31
Topic: Software News
|Hyperion has announced that it has completed an extensive rework of the AmigaOne firmware adding substantial functionality and flexibility for end-users, developers and technicians. Read more for the entire press release and some interesting details.|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Leuven, Belgium - March 7, 2003.
Hyperion is pleased to announce that it has completed an extensive rework of the AmigaOne firmware adding substantial functionality and flexibility for end-users, developers and technicians.
The new firmware will be incorporated in the A1-XE boards which will be shipping shortly.
Newly implemented functionality includes:
- Migration from PPCBoot 1.16 to U-Boot (PPCBoot 2.0)
- Support for PPC 750 FX, MPC 7440/41, MPC 7450/1 CPU's
- Comprehensive GUI for Articia S register configuration
- Comprehensive GUI for general firmware configuration
- Support of additional types of memory modules
- Integration of diagnostic code
- Support for POST card displays allowing for rapid detection of specific hardware faults
- New Articia S start-up code allowing for usage of two banks of unregistered SDRAM
- Booting from Symbios/LSI Logic 53c8xx based SCSI controllers