New Version of Wookiechat Available.
Date 3-Oct-2006 10:40:08
Topic: Software News
|Amiga user/programmer James Carroll has released an updated version of Wookiechat the Amiga's premier IRC Chat client, which is easy to configure and use almost straight out of the archive. |
Wookiechat is available in Amiga OS3.x and New AmigaOS4 Versions.
Click here to download the latest beta version (2.4)
Reward your Friendly Amiga Software developer - please Donate Now
The Change log in his own words...
I've just uploaded beta 5.. The server password support was broken with the new changes in beta 4 (released yesterday). I've attempted to fix it, but I really need people to test this for me because I dont know any password protected servers.
I'd appreciate it if people could test it in the following ways: 1. connect to server, 2. connect in new tab, and 3. see if it works with automatically connect on startup.
The password is masked out with * characters for better privacy, but the password is not encrypted in the servers.txt file unfortunately.
BTW, these beta archives are just executables + catalog files. You should really install the full WookieChat package from os4depot.net and then copy the beta exe's to the directory afterwards.
Changes in 2.4 so far:
* Automatic reconnection when disconnected from a server. Configurable
delay inbetween reconnection attempts, and maximum number of retrys
* Added an ignore function and a nice GUI for it. This ignore function
supports wildcards and can optionally ignore Text/CTCP/DCC
* You can now choose to automatically connect to servers upon startup, and
the server selection window can be hidden since it isnt required
* Channel names displayed in the listview can be joined by double clicking
* Wookie no longer removes leading spaces from outgoing text. This is quite
useful when pasting programming source code in dev channels and you want
to keep the indentation for readability
* Added an edit button for Command Aliases, and improved the Alias display
* When transferring tiny files within 1 second, the entry in the dcc windows
are no longer stuck on "transferring" and are now able to be removed from
* Outgoing DCC RESUME seems to be working better
* Previously, you couldnt copy text to the clipboard when text was being added
to the channel display. I made it pause while selecting text, but internal
functions were preventing text from being copied to the clipboard when you
let go of the mouse button. I have now corrected this. So its now possible
to copy text to the clipboard in a busy channel.