WookieChat 2.5 ready
Date 24-Jan-2007 2:56:56
Topic: Software News
|v2.5 of my little IRC client is now available for OS3.x/OS4. Nothing earth shattering in this release, but theres a few nice additions. In particular I like being able to disable the dedicated "server tab", and also not have to view the same away message 20 times when you're talking to someone and they forget to switch it off.|
Thank you to the community for providing me with a bit of pocket money over the last 2-3 years.
Grab it from os4depot.net
What does this program do?
It allows you to connect to Internet Relay Chat networks (IRC!) and chat with other users in a text medium in real-time. Some of the server groups are preconfigured to join an Amiga chat channel upon sucessful connection.
- You can now close the leftmost server tabs.
- Dedicated server tabs can be disabled/enabled. Configure this setting at: Main Settings > Servers. Server tabs can be closed now regardless.
- When a person sends you a file with DCC SEND, the file comment field is filled with their nick and IP address, and the network name
- When messaging someone in private, away messages are only displayed once unless they change.
- The ignore function now ignores /notice messages
- Added an ENV variable for AmiUpdate compatibiilty
- Added a "Hide" menu item, with short cut, for quick iconifying.
- Bugfix: No more crashing when closing second networks
- Bugfix: Parting channels on the Serenity IRC network no longer crashes.
- Added a workaround for a strange PREFIX parameter on the EnterTheGame IRC network.
- Bugfix: No more garbage characters bug when using cursor up/down to scroll through your input history. (used to happen at the end)
- Type /playing or /tunenet to show whats playing in TuneNet. It's not that useful a feature really.. I added it by request. It's something nice to play with, just for ####s 'n giggles.
- You can optionally turn on smaller tab sizes, by running wookiechat with the "smalltabs" switch. i.e. "run wookiebeta_os3 smalltabs". I'm aware that they dont always look right though.