BBSsalvage.br 1.3 for Thor - Recover a broken database
Date 3-Mar-2007 22:16:30
Topic: Software News
|BBSsalvage.br is an ARexx script which will rewrite an entire BBS system (or a single conference) in an attempt to recover a database Thor can no more read.|
I wrote this script because ValidateThor didn't fix a problem in the database which made Thor to freeze while trying to open a conference (you can read all in details on AmigaWorld.net : Thor - recovering a corrupted database - DONE !)
NEW in v1.3 :
- Fix a bug introduced in v1.2 (or was it v1.1 ?)
where a missing "end" instruction in the main
loop made the script unusable.
- BBSsalvage.br will now warn you if Thor is
running (Thor must not be running), and if
BBSread was previously used and still loaded
- BBSsalvage.br will no more verbose that a message
marked as deleted is skipped (this is to save
the size of the output from results which are not
very informative anyway).
- The script will now warn if a text line length
in the body of a message is longer than 32767
characters. (Due to a bug in the Visual Options
- Messages Links, Thor may crash the system while
trying to display a message containing a too long
- The BBS list order and the conference list
order are now preserved.
- The "read" (or "unread") status of the messages
is now preserved too.
(See the .readme file inside the lha archive for more info.)
Download it from Aminet : bbssalvage.lha (check first if version is 1.3 - or higher - before starting to download.)
Let's say the script is now feedbackware
(I saw the script was downloaded several times from Aminet, but nobody report me that the version 1.2 was broken.)