Entry Level Design Details from ACK Controls and Amiga
Date 30-Apr-2007 19:11:19
|Entry Level Design Details from ACK Controls and Amiga|
Entry level product ready for Customers Summer 2007
Issaquah, Wash USA – Fonthill, ON Canada April 29, 2007 – ACK Controls and Amiga, Inc. are pleased to announce the base hardware design that will address the needs of the Amiga market as well offering expansion into other markets.
“The first product release is designed for flexibility and meeting the needs of the Amiga user, as well as offer a design that takes advantage of available hardware”, said Adam Kowalczyk President of ACK Systems
This new system will be offered at a suggested retail price of $ 489.00 and be a complete offering excluding monitor in a finished design that will provide customers with everything they need to get started.
“Amiga is please to be working with ACK Controls and believe that by using flexible designs and aggressive manufacturing practices we will be able to deliver to our customers a great product at a great price”, said Bill McEwen of Amiga, Inc.
- Flex-ATX form factor motherboard based on the Freescale MPC8349E SoC. (400MHz to 667MHz depending on requirements and price target)
- 1 (one) DDR2 DIMM slot expandable to 1GB using unregistered DIMMs.
- 1 (one) 66MHz PCI slot for use with readily available graphics cards.
- 2 (two) 33MHz PCI slots for additional expansion.
- 2 (two) 10/100/1Gb Ethernet Ports.
- 4 (four) Hi Speed USB ports.
- 2 (two) serial ports.
- 4 (four) SATA ports provided by a Silicon Image Sil3114 controller.
- Onboard sound provided by a C-Media CMI8738.
- Socketed EEPROM for U-Boot firmware.
- Atmel ATC2408A serial EEPROM (1kb of non-volatile storage)
- Dallas DS1339 RTC with battery holder.
- Standard ATX power supply connector.
Manufacturing partner and final ship schedule will be following soon.
Amiga, Inc. is the world’s premier provider of multimedia enabling technologies. For almost two decades its award-winning software has been a mainstay for motion picture studios, multimedia creators, and digital entertainment enthusiasts around the world. Today Amiga builds on this legacy leading the way in multimedia development by providing developers with hardware-independent technologies for writing and porting applications to new platforms and interactive devices. For more information visit www.amiga.com.
ACK Software Controls, Inc. specializes in the area of embedded controls design for use in automation systems where low-power consumption and reliability is an absolute must. Concentrating on design for manufacturing with local manufacturing facilities has allowed ACK to quickly and cost-effectively develop solutions for customers with low-volume requirements. By integrating hardware, firmware, and device driver engineering capability in-house, ACK can provide complete turn-key solutions to customers.