The return of TwinVNC
Date 26-May-2007 15:06:08
Topic: Software News
|Seg has the pleasure of offering you an update of TwinVNC to version 0.8 beta. This version, after 8 months of hibernation, has just been rendered public after spending a few hours on the source code to add the finishing touches.|
Little reminder : TwinVNC is a tool that enables you to take control of a remote computer. It respects the remote control protocol RFB. This means the client is therefore compatible with servers such as TightVNC (Windows/Unix like), RealVNC (Windows/Unix like), OSXVnc (MacOS), VNC Server (MorphOS), etc.
Amongst the additions/improvements, you will find :
- the appearance of a smoothing option when using the « resized view », available in RTG or not. This provides very satisfactory results on AGA
- the addition of a NODISPLAY option allowing you to stop the client-side display. This limits client and server processor load and is useful when the server screen is physically within view
- password encryption for the security conscious
- save options in the form of a project icon updateable from tooltypes TwinVNC
- new catalogs : Italian, Spanish and German
- a new heading called “testimonies” in the documentation. You can also bring your experience and comments to the next version of TwinVNC
- read history from TwinVNC to discover the complete list of new features...
Download Page : TwinVNC0.8beta.lha (AmigaOS/68k, AmigaOS4 and MorphOS) [820 ko]