Battle for Wesnoth 1.3.4 on OS4Depot
Date 28-Jun-2007 15:14:34
Topic: Software News
|The Battle for Wesnoth is a free, turn-based strategy game with a fantasy theme.|
Link to Wesnoth site
Fight to regain the throne of Wesnoth, of which you are the legitimate heir, or use your dread power over the Undead to dominate the land of mortals, or lead your glorious Orcish tribe to victory against the humans who dared despoil your lands. Wesnoth has many different sagas waiting to be played out. You can create your own custom units, and write your own scenarios or even full-blown campaigns. You can also challenge your friends or strangers and fight multi-player epic fantasy battles.
* Two Brothers
* Modified guards events to delay the 2nd event if the player ends in a
fight in the first one.
* Added one row of terrain in the 3rd and 4th scenario to make it look
better with the new map border style.
* Heir to the Throne
* The maps of the following scenarios have been edited: "The Elves
Besieged", "Blackwater Port", "Bay of Pearls", "Crossroads", "The Siege
of Elensefar", "Dwarven Doors", "The Lost General", "Elven Council".
* In "Dwarven Doors", one of the Orcish Warlords has been changed into a
Sovereign and another one into a Slurbow for variety .
* In "The Lost General", fixed the bug that made the undead leader unable
* The Rise of Wesnoth
* The outlaws in the campaign (not elsewhere in the game) can now level up
to level 3.
* Added 2 extra turns to finish "Temple of the Deep" on all difficulties.
* Eastern Invasion
* The difficulty of "Northern Outpost" has been reduced by making the
villages spawn less outlaws.
* Changed the way Owaec joins the protagonist in "Two Paths". Now he keeps
all the XP he might get in "Northern Outpost".
* Descent into Darkness
* The unknown unit type (Royal Swordsman) bug in "Forever and ever, amen",
the bug that made the Foolish Heroes all have 30 hitpoints and a broken
dialog in the same scenario have all been fixed.
* Changed how the edges of the map are drawn, making small maps display
better on large resolutions. Not fully completed so it doesn't look
* Added a blur effect to most ingame dialogs.
* New animations: troll whelp idle, young ogre idle, elvish fighter idle,
skeleton idle, general idle, master at armscrossbow & defend, pikeman
* Small improvements of footsteps: no time-of-the-day coloring and better
* Language and translations
* Updated translations: Czech, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese,
Polish, Spanish, Swedish.
* New translations: Lithuanian.
* Map editor
* Minimum map size reduced to 1 hex.
* Fixed the random map generator.
* User interface
* Most popup windows are now buttonless with 'click anywhere to continue'
behavior; to indicate this, such windows are translucent.
* Maps smaller than the screen are now shown centered on the screen.
* The two annoying end-of-scenario popups asking whether to save a
replay and whether to delete autosaves have been replaced by user
preference bits (in the "General" panel).
* Allow to choose the direction to attack from if the unit can attack the
target from multiple directions; the last highlighted adjacent hex now
marks the direction to move to and attack from.
* The third annoying end-of-scenario prompt, asking if you want to save
an image of a new scenario immediately before entering it, is now only
presented if the game was built with TINY_GUI. Non-tiny systems do this
automatically without asking.
* Added a new experimental way of drawing map edges, this is under evaluation
but causes a rather severe performance penalty especially while scrolling.
This will be fixed once the decision of the final version has been made.
* The movement hint on the pointed hex displays terrain defense and turns to
reach better and in colors.
* The movement hint now display "(1)" turns to reach when the unit has no
* Improve the behavior of the units list dialog.
* Right-click outside of a cancelable dialog closes it (useful with the
* Allow to select an item in a context menu with right-clicking.
* Restore search of no-team-only map labels.
* Unit changes and balancing
* Units with the 'healthy' trait now rest even when they move (but not
attack/be attacked) instead of having a double resting bonus.
* Increased the HP of the Skeleton Archer from 30 to 31.
* Miscellaneous and bugfixes
* Fixed a lag in the path rendering when there is a lot of units (bug #9268).
* Fixed a bug causing instantaneous move of unit when using acceleration.
* Reduced memory usage for the default zoom level.