Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
AmigaWorld - Amiga Community Portal
VICE 1.22 for AmigaOS based and derived systems
Date 15-Aug-2007 18:19:39
|Version 1.22 of VICE, the Versatile Commodore Emulator, has been|
VICE emulates the Commodore C64, C128, VIC20, PET 8-bit computers,
PLUS4 and the CBM-II (aka C610) and is completely written in C/C++; it
runs on Unix, Win32, MS-DOS, RiscOS, OS/2, BeOS, QNX, AmigaOS and GP2X
VICE is *free* software released under the GNU General Public License,
and as such it comes with full source code.
Most important changes since the last version include:
* Changes in VICE 1.22
** C128 changes
- Added 2 MHz mode support (experimental).
- The cursor keys are mapped differently in C64-mode now.
- Fixed C64-mode autostart support.
** VIC20 changes
- Improved the sound emulation where the 'volume change click' is
concerned, and normalized the audio output level.
- The VIC-II border mode can be selected now (normal, full, debug).
- Some sprite fixes needed for Krestage 3 demo.
** Drive changes
- Improved drive LED emulation.
** Unix changes
- Fixed the "black screen" bug caused by some X11 library security
- Fixed the usb support for bsd based platforms.
- Changed the preferred libdir and docdir for netbsd and freebsd.
- Xaw/XRandR fullscreen mode is supposed to work.
** MS-Windows changes
- Positional keyboard mapping is used as default again.
- New volume slider control.
- The win32 port can now be compiled with openwatcom.
** OS/2 changes
- The os/2 port can now be compiled with openwatcom.
** RiscOS changes
- Added a build script for the RiscOS port and all needed binary files
are now part of the source distribution.
** AmigaOS changes
- Added netplay support for AmigaOS3 port.
- Added netplay support for AROS port.
- New VICE Volume control for all ports.
** C1541 changes
- Fixed some unlynx bugs.
The VICE 1.22 source archive is available at:
The VICE 1.22 M68K Amiga OS 3.x binary archive is available at:
The VICE 1.22 PPC Amiga OS 4.x binary archive is available at:
The VICE 1.22 PPC MorphOS binary archive is available at:
The VICE 1.22 Intel AROS binary archive is available at:
The VICE 1.22 PPC AROS binary archive is available at:
For more information check out the Amiga VICE page is at :
Signed, Marco van den Heuvel
This article comes from AmigaWorld - Amiga Community Portal
The URL for this story is: