HivelyTracker 1.4 is released for OS4, OS3.x and AROS!
Date 24-Aug-2007 21:46:44
Topic: Software News
|HivelyTracker is a tracker program based upon the AHX format created in the mid '90s by Dexter and Pink of Abyss.|
The format was relatively popular, and many songs were created and used in scene productions and games.
AHX was designed to create a very SID-like sound on the Amiga.
HivelyTracker can import and export modules and instruments in the AHX format, but it also improves on AHX
in several ways and therefore has its own instrument and module formats.
Today, version 1.4 was released for OS4, OS3.x and AROS!
Click here to download it!
HivelyTracker offers the following features over AHX:
* Multichannel (4 to 16 channels)
* Per-channel stereo panning
* Two commands per note instead of one
* Ring modulation
* A more feature rich editor
HivelyTracker was coded by Xeron/IRIS
GUI design and skins by Spot/Up Rough
OS3.x and AROS ports by BuZz
The included tunes were created by Xeron/IRIS, Varthall/Up Rough and Oxide/Sonik
Changes since 1.3:
- Playback no longer stops when the "Load Mod" filerequester is open
- Undo & Redo for almost all edit operations
- Cutting an area in the position editor cleared both columns of
the left & right edges even if they weren't selected. Fixed.
- Cutting or pasting in the position editor didn't update the
track editor even if the current tracks were changed by the
- If you change preference options that require the GUI to be closed
and re-opened, it now does that instead of requiring you to quit
- Skin directory, initial song directory and initial instrument
directory options all now can be selected via ASL directory requester.
- Right-clicking on a channel mute button now mutes all other channels
except that channel. If it is already the only un-muted channel,
all channels will be unmuted instead (suggested by Syphus).
- Added "9xx" panning command to the instrument performancelist. It
only changes the panning position for that specific instrument. The
next time an instrument is played in that channel, it returns to
the last panning position set with the traditional "7xx" track
- Pasting or marking blocks in the position editor didn't work
correctly if channel 1 wasn't the leftmost channel. Fixed.
- Pressing Ctrl+B while marking a block now cancels block marking
instead of resetting the mark position.
- Added a drumpad mode, selectable either by the funky new on/off
gadget or via the backslash key. When enabled, selecting instruments
via numeric keyboard causes them to be played, and if edit mode is
set, the instrument is inserted into the song. Suggested by Syphus.
- Changed the release cut gadget from a 0/1 number gadget to the funk-
tastic new on/off gadget (W00T!!111)
- Fixed a bug in the command line replayer that was really dumb and
should have been spotted ages ago! Oops.
- Before, if a skin directory existed, and the logo bitmap existed
in that directory, but there was any other file missing, hively would
bomb out instead of reverting to the default skin and retrying. Now
if a skin fails to load for any reason, hively retries with the
default skin (SIDMonster-Light). This allows hively to load even
if ht.prefs contains an invalid skin (such as SIDMonster-Heavy,
which has been discontinued from 1.4 onwards).
- Fixed an incorrect pointer in the autogain routine