AmigaSYS 4 news: The new AmigaSYS will be late several weeks.
Date 31-Mar-2008 16:26:18
Topic: Software News
Unfortunately, I cannot keep the promised deadline at the end of March. The release will be late at least two weeks because a lot of changes - a lot of bugs. It would not make sense to release it half-done and I won't, only when it will be perfect and has an acceptable quality, but that's need time.
Second problem is, the Deutsch translation of the installation manual is still missing and this keeps back the release date too. I ask everyone again who speaks English and Deutsch and can help, please write me an email (email@example.com). You only have to translate a 10kb sized textfile, only a 40-45 minute of work. Until then I made a few pics and a video about the new install system, which has a lot of upgrades:
Installers supported in AmigaDOS mode:
- Commodore Workbench 3.0 Workbench and Extras
- Commodore Workbench 3.1 Workbench and Extras
- Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1 only Workbench disk.
- Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 only Workbench (AF 5, 6, 2005)
- Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 Workbench Ús Extras (2006, 2008)
- Amiga Forever AmigaOS 3.9 (AF 5, 6, 2005, 2006, 2008 CD or online edition)
- H&P AmigaOS 3.9 RED
- H&P AmigaOS 3.9 PINK
- AmigaOS XL/Amithlon CD 3.9.
AmigaDOS (3.0/3.1 without install) supported the AmigaOS 3.9 install too. If you install a 3.1 system and later you think you want to change 3.9 the old installers can be found in the installed system, so the 3.9 works in the installed 3.0/3.1 too. All of the installers speaks all the five languages.
visit official page, install video, special PNG icons pic's, AmigaOS3.1/3.9, etc...:
AmigaSYS 4 official pagehttp://amigasys.extra.hu