AmigaSYS 4 - WinUAE version released!
Date 20-Apr-2008 1:30:35
Topic: Software News
|It is a bit late, but finally the new AmigaSYS has arrived. Perhaps this version took the most time, but it was not for nothing. |
Anybody that has used the older AmigaSYS systems before will see huge differences. The new AmigaDOS 3.0/3.1/3.9 installers are finished with 3-4 times more knowledge and with support for five languages. Both new and old users will experience a lot of new and interesting things in AmigaSYS 4. Almost every install is supported, and maybe the possibility of installing AmigaOS 3.9 without needing to have 3.0/3.1 will attract more people to try it...
AmigaSYS 4 Feature list:
Possibilities of the first run:
- Commodore Workbench 3.0,
- Commodore Workbench 3.1,
- Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1,
- AmigaOS 3.9 installing opportunity.
To install Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1, you will need your real Commodore Amiga, or Amiga Forever 2006 or 2008 Workbench and Extras disks.
Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 only needs the Workbench disk (Amiga Forever 5,6, 2005 owners only have the Workbench disk on the CD).
The one disk installer supports the Commodore Amiga Workbench 3.0/3.1 disk too, but some of the functions (which are on the Extras disk) are not available.
AmigaOS 3.9: Direct 3.9 installing (not need to install 3.0/3.1) just put the CD into the drive and select this function and wait, the CD will be automatically recognized by the installer.
Supported Workbench install disks:
Commodore Workbench 3.0 Workbench/Extras
Commodore Workbench 3.1 Workbench/Extras
Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1 only Workbench disks.
Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 only Workbench (AF 5, 6, 2005)
Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 Workbench/Extras (2006, 2008)
Amiga Forever AmigaOS 3.9 (AF 5, 6, 2005, 2006, 2008)
Amiga Forever Online AmigaOS 3.9 (AF 5, 6, 2005, 2006, 2008)
Amiga Forever Plus AmigaOS 3.9 (AF 5, 6, 2005, 2006, 2008)
H&P AmigaOS 3.9 RED
H&P AmigaOS 3.9 PINK
AmigaOS XL/Amithlon CD 3.9
Fixes in the AmigaDOS installer:
- Button selected options (languages, selection of AmigaOS installing).
- MENU bug fixed (Not executable...).
- 3.0/3.1 install, run bug fixed (Not executable 1 2 etc...).
- Automatic CD/DVD mount, AmigaOS 3.9 CD recognizing, kickstart recognizing (3.0/3.1 only accepts 3.1, supported 3.9 CD will be recognized and the installer will run automatically).
- Fully rewritten 3.0/3.1 installers with preset options for (Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1/Amiga Forever Workbenches, 1 or 2 disk install etc)
- Separate AmigaOS 3.9 installers, written for AmigaDOS 3.9.
- Music under AmigaOS 3.0/3.1/3.9 installing, Interference.
- New Outro scripts, pictures from the partners and contributors at the end of the 3.0/3.1/3.9 installing.
- English, Deutsch, Hungarian, Polish, Italian installing languages, 3.0/3.1/3.9 support, claviature map, resolution.
- From 800x600 16 bit to 1680x1050 32 bit resolution select at the AmigaOS 3.0/3.1 part.
- From 1024x768 32 bit to 1680x1050 32 bit resolution select at the AmigaOS 3.9 part.
- Systematized installer units, music, outro, resolution, languages, installers, etc.
- In the Amiga Forever CD/Online/Plus 3.9 installer, you can select to install the built-in AF programs (PPAINT 7.1, Dopus 5, etc), the Online/Plus installer install them automatically and they will available on the drive "Work:".
- A lot of language specific misspell/syntax fault fixed in the AmigaDOS installer.
- ASCII charactered installer helps, (3 step: 1) what should you do, 2) with what, 3) how start the installer)
- Installer protection, if you choose a bad installer, you can restart anytime.
- A lot of external, rewritten (replacement) program was used.
- New versions of AmigaSYS, CheckCD, CheckKick for AmigaOS 3.9.
Fully 5 language support for:
- Button selected menus
- Help files
- Installers 3.0/3.1/3.9
- About menu
- AmigaSYS special settings
- resolutions, languages select
You asked what is behind these?
AmiStart has it's menu items in the selected language too! (e.g Games/Spielen/Játékok/Gry/Giochi), not only for the system, but the all of the AmiStart program names too.
Programs, optimized for different languages:
- IBrowse presets
- MCP, MCP3.0/3.1 topaz overseed
- Lipidclock 1.12/1.16 every language with its characters, special characters too
- MUI 3.0/3.1/3.9 without MUI Key and Key.
AmigaSYS Extra options:
Button selected about, help files and descriptions (HTML+gfx) in five languages, fully rewritten installers, installer manuals, etc, the system's knowledge with all program maker's name, etc. (3.0/3.1/3.9)
Button selected languages, you can select from five languages (3.0/3.1/3.9)
Button selected resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x854, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, the 800x600 is only 3.0/3.1. (3.0/3.1/3.9)
Button selected themes (3.9)
Button selected menus, AmiStart->Amidock, Amidock->Amistart switcher (a lot of people wanted AmiDock, here :) ) (3.9), not works under Amiga Forever, because the Amiga Forever do not have Amidock.
Updates support 3.0/3.1/3.9.
A lot of new graphics item and fix in the lookout.
More than 30 exclusive PNG icons, my works to you, cutting, converting, I hope they will be OK, there was a lot of work with them.
Every extra AmigaSYS function wich is reachable in the menus, works with button selection (not old browsing).
- Fully reformatted HDF.
- New config file, (different settings, 8->16 Mb GFX RAM because of the larger resolutions, different CD handling, resolution update become default, etc.)
- Right click Tools menu items are removed, (it has categorys: System, Internet, Players, Emulators, Games, They opens AmigaSYS menu from the built-in programs).
- Deutsch, Hungarian catalogs are expanded + a lot of Polish and Italian.
- New MUI settings (new backgrounds, TTF fonts, a lot of reconfiguration in the classes, bugfixes, special characters, new classes, etc.)
- MUI Key support, (if you have a MUI Key, then you got a beautiful lookout, after you copied into it's place (e.g. S: ), without a key, the default, but renewed settings will be set.
- New Tinymeter config (set to fix, available in every resolution, only under 3.0/3.1, the DH0 and Clock misplace fixed too)
- New reqattack settings, (animated buttons, silver background, button style settings stb.)
- Warp3D fixes, (some things worked bad, fixed (every Warp3D application was not tested) ).
- RTG fixes (now the games and demos do not produces graphics errors, pointer disappears, etc.)
- Fixed identify.library (the installed version was incomplete, bad working).
- Corrected palette settings 3.0/3.1/3.9 (the original default replaced with a nicer).
- Gadget button settings (the default modest buttons are set to new palettes and they appears in even nicer lookout and emphasized on a non MUI surface too.
- The Emulator, Games, Player scripts removed, it appears with icons now.
- PNG showing fixed under KS3.0/WB3.0 (now the 3.0 system can show any png too.)
- MMKeyboard bug fixed, (the multimedia files were in wrong place.)
- New MM Keyboard config, considering the WHDLOAD and other programs' hotkeys: - F2 Filemaster, - F3 Newshell, - F4 IBrowse, - F5 CD/DVD Mount Menu, - F6 PicShow, - F7 BareEd, - F8 AmigaAMP.
- IBrowse settings fixed (Mainly font bugs, bad font was set wich was not available in the system and because of this, the browsing was extremely ugly, all font were replaced with TTF fonts in every language).
- IBrowse favorites filled in (with the AmigaSYS partner sites)
- The old and crowded IBrowse buttons were removed, (totally new buttons)
- All MagicMenu background removed (transparent settings 3.0/3.1/3.9)
- YAM address book error and button glitch fixed (emitted error at start and the buttons were misplaced)
- Old Toolmanager icons removed (Ken's DUALPNG icons take this role, 16 icon instead of 10, only only under 3.0/3.1 from 800x600 to 1680x1050).
- Fixed a lot of Toolmanager settings bug, synchronize to the new resolutions, languages.
- Fixed AmigaOS 3.9 installer bug (First-Install OSF error)
- Fixed all "Toolmanager exists" bug in the Amiga Forever installer.
- Fixed all unpack parameters in the Amithlon AmigaOS XL installer.
- AmigaOS 3.9 installers under 3.0/3.1 too (the old 3.9 installers works in the in the installed 3.1 system!)
- A lot of new extra in the 3.9 installers, (extra fast, button selected options, kickstart 3.0/3.1 extrication fixes, quicker auto CD recognizing, etc)
- Script fixing (Syntax misspelling were corrected in all scripts and installers).
- Polish TTF and default fonts, ISOPL and claviature map added.
- Fixed SGRAB under OS3.0/3.1 (not always worked)
- AmiGameBoy bug fixed, (did not run.)
- Jabberwocky bug fixed, (did not run.)
- Webplug mui bug fixed.
- Unordered scripts optimizing, removing, rewriting from 3.0 to 3.9.
- New bootpicture AmigaSYS 4 loading...
- Almost all system font are TTF.
- The icon archives are removed, (when opening a directory, a menu opening with the used icon names, we can go to the creator's page.)
- AmigaSYS "BIOS" menu (not a common knowledge, but if you press the right mouse buttun when booting, an AmigaSYS "BIOS" AmigaDOS menü will appear, which was buggy until then, but now it is fully fixed, several program can run at once).
Which is available: Bareed (If you set something wrong, so the system is not perfect, you can easily modify it without system, for example CD mount, FileMaster (for anything), Shell (to run programs even games which requires 2 mb chip ram)), reboot.
Only AmigaOS 3.9:
- One theme AmigaOS 4 Like.
- Ken Lester DualPNG icon using. (Old themes used Ken's icons(v3) this was expanded to v4, nicer and faster than v3.)
- Old themes are all removed, in the future there will be extra themes which would can be downloaded as an addon.
- Fully reconfigured AmiStart (systematized, games, emulation, system, internet, etc, unnecessary menus/submenus are removed)
- Boubble icons in AmiStart and AmiDock.
- In AmiStart submenus, every program has an unique icon, not a presetted like before, systematized.
- Header logo and background from menu are removed and become transparent.
- In several place, the window sizes, produced misplaced captions, fixed everywhere.
- Limpidclock character fix for every language, at Polish and Italian languages, the months are Polish and Italian too!
- amistart, amidock switcher, you can select your menu.
- amistart, amidock resolution fixes up to 1024-1680 in every language.
- amidock separate icons and settings, stack, etc.
- reaction extra settings.
- 3.0/3.1/3.9 OS version are extricated, under 3.0/3.1 a Workbench Floppy, under 3.9 a CD shows the actual OS version in the about file!
New programs and updates:
- Added AmiTradeCenter 1.4 (FTPMount deleted).
- Added AmiTradeCenter 1.4 + German, hungarian catalog.
- Added AKPNG 45.81.
- Added AKTIFF 45.80.
- Added Amiga Spectrum emulator 0.89.
- Added BareED 0.9990.
- Added PlayOGG 8.9.
- Added WHDLoad 16.8.
- Added WormWars 8.51.
- Added PicShow 31.403.
- Added Thumb V7.253 for PicShow.
- Added JoinSplitter 1.32
- Added TmpegENC GUI 2.65.
- Added TmpegENC GUI 2.65 + German, hungarian, Italiano catalog.
- Added Wookiechat 2.8 + new settings and smileys.
- Added AMRSS 5.57 + extra catalogs.
- Added HivelyTracker 1.4.
- Added az SKick pack RTB files to Devs:
- Added MakeCD 3.2D + local files.
- Added MMKeyboard 3.25.
- Added und64 38.19.
- Added UaeQuit.
- Added QuarkTex Warp 3D 0.53.
- Added Cmanager.library 34.2.
- Added Codeset.library 6.5+charsets.
- Added Configfile.library 2.19.
- Added Explode.library 7.0 68040/68060 fixed version.
- Added PowerPacker.library 36.10.
- Added TTEngine.library 7.2.
- Added YAM 2.5.
- Added Smart File System 1.277.
- MCC Betterstring 11.14
- MCC GUIGfx 19.2
- MCC Toolbar 15.12
- MCC MailText 19.9
- MCC Newstring 16.18
- MCC NBitmap 15.4
- MCC NFloattext 19.53
- MCC Nlist 20.117
- MCC NListtree 18.24
- MCC NListview 19.72
- MCC Speedbar 19.4
- MCC SpeedCFG 11.0
- MCC SpeedbarVirt 19.4
- MCC Speedbutton 19.4
- MCC TextEditor 15.26
- MCC TheBar 26.1
- MCC TheBarVirt 26.1
- MCC TheButton 26.1
- MCC Toolbar 15.12
- MCC URLText 19.7
And a lot of other things, wich has a great purpose, but it has left out from the list...
OS Support List:
- Commodore AmigaOS 3.0 Workbench+Extras.
- Commodore AmigaOS 3.1 Workbench+Extras.
- Commodore AmigaOS 3.0 Workbench.
- Commodore AmigaOS 3.1 Workbench.
- Amiga Forever AmigaOS 3.1 Workbench+Extras.
- Amiga Forever AmigaOS 3.1 Workbench.
- H&P AmigaOS 3.9 Pink/Red.
- Amiga Forever 6 CD (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 6 Online edition (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 6 Installed (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2005 CD (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2005 Premium edition (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2005 Online edition only installed! (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2006 CD (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2006 Premium edition (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2006 Online edition only installed! (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2008 CD (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2008 Premium edition (3.9).
- Amiga Forever 2008 Online edition only installed! (3.9).
- AmigaOS XL Amithlon CD. (3.9).
AmigaSYS official page