RockBEAT 3.0 available
Date 10-Jun-2008 14:05:38
Topic: Software News
|I've been sitting on this for months, but decided to release it anyway despite it being a little buggy in places, as it has some nice additions that I'd like to make public.|
- Added a function to display how much time was taken to Save projects as WAV files. This could be useful in benchmarking OS4 hardware.
- Added volume sliders and mute buttons for the tracks. These values are saved when you Save your projects too.
- Changed the graphics to be super skinny, so that the beat buttons fits on a 1024x768 screen. Scrolling still causes audio to skip, so 800x600 users will still suffer. Sorry!
- Changed my audio frames to use short's instead of unsigned long's. This should theoretically make my audio sound a lot better, but I can't tell if its made any difference!
- Did some bugfixing with my arrays. Data was being setup and written outside where it should have been, and was probably trashing memory
What is it?
RockBEAT is a simple software drum machine for AmigaOS4. It is a tool for musicians that allows you to create drumming tracks. It can create multiple tracks, each one being 4x 4/4 measures with 16th notes. You can save individual tracks as wav files, or the whole thing as one big song. You can drop in your own 16bit 44100Hz PCM WAV samples in the drumsamples/ folder if you like. Great for the bedroom guitarist!
DONT FORGET, ROCKBEAT IS FREEWARE! NOW GO HAVE A JAM!