WookieChat 2.9 now available for AmigaOS 3.x, AmigaOS 4.0, MorphOS and AROS.
Date 24-Jul-2008 0:09:22
Topic: Software News
|Lots of changes, in particular:|
- Pasting delay, to send lines of text slowly to prevent disconnection
- Charset support works better now, using a Find Best codesets.library function
- Tabs can be sorted alphabetically now, a side effect is that channels and private tabs are grouped together
- The Main Settings window looks a lot nicer now, I put a lot of effort into making MUI layout things nicely
- Less unnecessary refreshing of the display happens when you switch tabs, which feels a lot nicer on slower machines
- Fixed a problem where heavy incoming traffic was being written outside of the receive buffer (whoops)
.. Plus many more weird bugfixes.
Click here for a full list of changes in v2.9
What is it?
WookieChat allows you to connect to Internet Relay Chat networks (IRC) and chat with other users in a text medium in real-time. Some of the server groups are preconfigured to join an Amiga chat channel upon sucessful connection. Executables are provided for AmigaOS 3.x,4.0, MorphOS and AROS. WookieChat is uncrippled SHAREWARE.
Download it from the WookieChat homepage, and soon from aminet.net and os4depot.net.