WinUAE (1.5.3) released
Date 12-Nov-2008 0:25:57
Topic: Software News
|Toni Wilen has released the latest update to the popular Amiga emulator WinUAE taking it to version 1.5.3.|
Major 1.5.x bug fixes:
- Huge memory leak when switching between RTG and native modes.
- Writing to disk images didn't work in some games.
- Configuration cache missing files in subdirectories.
- Random freeze when switching to fullscreen modes that are smaller than desktop resolution.
- Second and third mouse/firebutton handling fix (Aladdin, BC.Kid and more)
Other bugs fixed:
- "Always on top", "No taskbar button" and fullscreen color depth change works on the fly.
- OpenGL fullscreen fixed.
- Parallel/Serial/MIDI select menus and Input-panel bottom options didn't work correctly.
- System clock run slightly too fast or slow if chipset refresh rate was different than startup refresh rate (really old bug).
- OCS NTSC configuration defaulted to PAL refresh rate.
- Real PCMCIA SRAM card re-insert detection fixed.
- Fullscreen RTG 16-bit to 32-bit desktop windowed mode switch (CTRL+F12) color errors fixed.
- Basic file association settings added to GUI (.uae, .adf etc..)
- RTG vertical blank wait uses interrupts, no more busy waiting. Should improve performance in many fullscreen RTG games.
- Added RTG virtual refresh rate configuration to GUI.
- Added RTG refresh rate next to chipset refresh rate FPS counter.
- Undocumented OCS "scanline" feature emulated (Ode to Ramon I and II)
- Midline resolution change improvements (still far from perfect, Disposable Hero, Innovation Part 2)
- Only accept current latest OpenAL32.dll or newer (old versions can cause crashes during device enumeration)
- Improved emulation of reads from write-only custom registers (S.E.X. / Fantasys)
- Syncronize Clock stability improved.
Click to download the Installer version.
Click to download the Zip archive version.
Full details and support can be found on the official WinUAE website.