PortablE r3 released
Date 24-Dec-2008 19:24:38
Topic: Software News
A new version of PortablE has been released. PortablE is an AmigaE compiler, written from scratch in E, and able to compile itself. It supports Amiga OS3, OS4, AROS & MorphOS.
The main changes for this release are:
* PortablE is now up to 7 times faster (greatest for big programs), due to a bug fix.
* Added support for MUI, ReqTools & some other 3rd-party libraries (now covers most of the requested ones).
* Added support for more AmigaOS modules (now covers all the requested ones).
* Comes with 247 modules for AmigaOS & 3rd-party libraries.
* Added FUNCtion pointers, PROTOTYPEs, return-type declarations, and new operators (XOR, SHL, SHR).
* Added scripts to call GCC or EC after PortablE.
* Error highlighting now works on AROS.
* Many bug fixes (big & small), plus some other improvements.
* Increased general funkyness by 301%... Happy Christmas!
If you want to find out more, or wish to download it, then please visit it's home page: