StarDict 3.0.0 for AmiCygnix released
Date 21-Apr-2009 14:24:23
Topic: Software News
|A release of StarDict 3.0.0 is now available on OS4-Depot. StarDict is a|
Cross-Platform and international dictionary written in Gtk2. It has powerful
features such as "Glob-style pattern matching", "Scan selection word",
"Fuzzy query" etc.
* Hundreds of available dictionaries.
* Translation of words into an other language.
* Explains words using special encyclopaedia.
* Shows similar words.
* Links itself to every GTK2 application. Because of this, StarDict is an ideal supplementation to AbiWord and other text programs.
* Translates whole text blocks using the internet.
* The entered word can be sent to a user defined internet page (Google, Yahoo, Wikipedia, etc.)
* Included dictionaries (AmiCygnix package):
- German -> English (Freedict)
- English -> German (Freedict)
StarDict and AbiWord:
The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (optional):