BOH updated and ported to MacOS X
Date 4-May-2009 14:35:36
Topic: Software News
|Campobasso, Italy - May 4th, 2009|
BOH just got better and now it even runs natively on MacOS X!
Specifically, this update:
- makes the game run natively on MacOS X Tiger/Leopard machines;
- adds zooming to full screen modes;
- allows the choice of the screen mode among those notified by the system;
- replaces zooming routines with more optimized ones (especially 3x and 4x);
- adds the possibility of disabling interpolation (for slow computers);
- adds the possibility of disabling the rendering of barriers;
- improves a bit the original themes;
- enriches slightly the Evil Masters AI;
- adds timer ticking during time-limited missions;
- adds map zooming;
- adds the option of sorting missions by difficulty;
- allows the use of joypads/joysticks with just 1 button;
- fixes the following bugs: bad joypad handling (detection was inhibited by a '2' in place of a '1'; sometimes up/down movement could stick); [PAGE UP/DOWN] handling (repeat delay handling was missing); a bad optimization of ray-tracing routine (which had no practical effects thanks to the way maps and themes were made);
- improves and extends the user's manual;
- links the AmigaOS 4 version to libSDL 1.2.13;
- applies some other minor changes.
BOH owners can enjoy the update by downloading it for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website at www.bohthegame.com.