PortablE r4 released (now runs on Windows)
Date 29-May-2009 22:21:14
Topic: Software News
A new version of PortablE has been released. PortablE is an AmigaE compiler, written from scratch in E, and able to compile itself. It supports Windows, Amiga OS3, OS4, AROS, and MorphOS.
The main changes for this release are:
* PortablE now has basic support for Windows, along with some standard portable modules which allow the same program to run unchanged on Windows and Amiga. Documentation and several examples are provided.
* PortablE now comes with an installer (for all supported platforms).
* The PEGCC program runs both PortablE and G++ (GCC) for you, thus producing an executable directly from E code.
* PortablE now runs up to twice as fast.
* Added MUI support for AROS.
* Fixed modules to work with Amiga OS4's latest SDK.
* FastNew() and NEW are now thread safe.
* Fixed FastNew() and NEW, which were previously un-aligned and so could cause crashes under certain circumstances.
* OpenLibrary() could a crash on Amiga OS4. Really fixed this time!
* Numerous other improvements, changes and bug fixes.
If you want to find out more, or wish to download it, then please visit it's home page: