Aquaria for AmigaOS4 released
Date 24-Jun-2010 10:47:12
Topic: Software News
We are happy to announce that a preliminary beta of Aquaria is available to download.
You need to buy the entire game from BitBlot to play it.
Included in the package the demo of Aquaria.
The package size is ~250MB so if you download it with OWB take a look at its size
If the included scripts fail to copy the support libs, copy them manually
What is Aquaria?
A massive ocean world, teeming with life and filled with ancient secrets.
Join Naija, a lone underwater dweller in search of her family, as she explores the depths of Aquaria.
She'll travel from hidden caves, shrouded in darkness, to beautiful, sunlit oases, all lovingly handcrafted by its two creators.
Naija's story, narrated fully with voice overs, will become yours, as you join her on this magnificent adventure.
* An AmigaNG (SAM,microA1,A1,Pegasos2)
* 512MB of RAM (1GB reccomended)
* A video card with at least 64MB of Ram (128MB reccomended to play the game correctly)
* Latest SDL library (included in the package)
* OpenAL (the included cause an error at exit of program)
* MiniGL 2.2
* The original Game. You can buy it from Bit Blot web site (www.bit-blot.com).
* Once you have the original game, copy the data to the game dir and replace the script original game dir included in this package
Aquaria require some not yet released libs like SDL or MiniGL that are included in this package.
Run the script "Install Support Libs" that will install them for you.
It will backup the current libs as #libname#.preaquaria so you can revert to the original one if you have problems with other packages
Nothing else is required
* If you have a system with 512MB and a 64MB of Video ram is better to close all prgram before run Aquaria.
Use also a 16Bit Workbench screen with compositing effects off to save Video RAM
* You could have trashed textures during the menu (and also the game). This means that you are out of memory (Video and/or System).
The game is still playable but you should free something before continue playing but a video card with 128MB of RAM should cure all problems (and sorry.. this isn't a problem on the game..).
If this happens you can close the game and restart from a saved location.
* When you click ESC during the game the machine could freeze.. I don't know why but i have nothing on serial and i don't know why it freeze..
All informations here:
Download the game