OWB 1.9 for MorphOS released
Date 19-Aug-2010 14:08:43
Topic: Software News
|Fab just released the 1.9 version of OWB for MorphOS. As he notes from now on the project will be updated directly against Webkit sources instead of OWB as the project seems stalled since May 2010.|
Changes in 1.9:
- 08.08.2010: OWB 1.9
- Updated to OWB r1468. To be noted OWB doesn't seem to be actively developped
since May, so I'll merge directly against WebKit, from now on.
- Updated to WebKit r63894 (July 2010).
- Updated to CURL 7.21.0
- Interrupt a pending DNS thread immediately when a connection handle is being disposed.
- Reduced the amount of Exec signals allocated for DNS resolution threads
(one for all threads, instead of one per thread).
- Added OWB_CURL_FORBID_REUSE ENV var to disable CURL connection re-use feature
(this feature sometimes causes stalled connections, for a yet unknown reason).
- Changed native controls skin and behaviour to look like Chrome's mediaplayer.
- Added optional support for VP8/WEBM codec (Settings->Media section).
- Added optional support for fast seeking (consists in creating a new connection
instead of downloading everything before the target position). It can be disabled
in Settings->Media section.
- Made the H264 loopfilter mode configurable in Settings->Media section
- Enabled altivec in ffmpeg (except for Theora, since it's currently broken).
- Disabled ffmpeg FAST flag for decoding, since it could give ugly results
on some files.
- Added play/pause/mute/unmute/download media/copy media URL contextmenu
entries for HTML Media elements.
- Defer audio hardware allocation until play event, and release it at the
end of stream instead of waiting until media player destruction, to help
a bit with people not using device.audio AHI mode. WebKit can indeed cache
mediaplayer instances until tab destruction, so there are situations where audio
wouldn't be available anymore.
- Fixed a strange cookie path restriction in OWB cookie handling, which makes
wordpress.com login work.
- Fixed youtube.js to work with Youtube latest changes, and made MPEG4 the
default format (fmt=18), instead of FLV, since it's faster and better supported.
- Reworked the refresh method to use several rectangles, when it's more efficient to do so.
- Modified the scrolling implementation to behave correctly with the WebKit recent
optimizations regarding fixed elements. It also fixes some occasional glitch in custom
- Disabled WebKit box-shadow effect rendering, since it was extremely slow with cairo.
This "cures" abnormal slowness on sites like apple.com/html5 or ign.com.
- Added a "remaining time" column in download manager.
- Added Amiga + z and Amiga + shift + z qualifier for undo/redo.
- Added Shift + Space shortcut as "page up" function.
- Added a search string in bookmark and cookies window.
- "Add bookmark" button now adds bookmarks below the currently selected node, or at
the end of the current group list, if a group node is selected.
If no entry is selected, the new link is still added to the end, like before.
- Allow to scroll in bookmark tree when dragging an entry over upper or lower areas
of the listtree object.
- Added a persistant "show in menu" option in the bookmark title selection window
(this window appears when dropping a link on quicklinks group or "add bookmark" button).
- Added a special favicon for bookmarks/quicklinks with "java script:" scheme.
- Added a contextmenu to copy an entry URL in password manager.
- Character '&' wasn't processed properly in search engine string.
- Truncate history/bookmark to 64 characters in pulldown menu.
- Moved WebInspector ENV var option to a regular setting in Prefs->Content section.
- Added an option to enable/disable plugins globally in Prefs->Content section.
- Create a new tab/window when selecting an entry in "recently closed views" menu.
- Added user-agents for Chrome, Iphone and Ipad (spoofing as IPad can help showing
some sites with HTML5 Video/Audio instead of Flash).
- Added OWB_NO_STATIC_BACKGROUND ENV variable to ignore background "fixed" CSS
attribute, which improves scrolling performance.
- Added notes about Youtube and the specific settings to make it work
in HTML5 or at least without Flash using the builtin player. So *please*
read the Youtube section of this document if you have trouble playing
Here's Fab's site to get it from (SVG and no SVG versions available):