SMBMounter Updated to v0.2
Date 14-Jun-2011 8:58:25
Topic: Software News
|It's been over a year since the initial release, but I finally got my act together and implemented some bug fixes and new features that people had been looking for. SMBMounter is a commodity GUI frontend for SMBFS, and can be used for mounting, unmounting and editing network drives quickly and easily.|
I've submitted it to Aminet and OS4Depot, but you can also get it on my website:
All feedback is appreciated! Especially MorphOS users, as IIRC there was a bug that only showed up on MorphOS which prevented it from working, and I'd like to hear if it's now working properly.
New features include:
- User-definable font settings
- Passwords are now stored encrypted and are only displayed as they are entered
- Support for filesystem charset translation via SMBFS
- New "automount" feature to mount shares as soon as SMBMounter starts (very useful for WBStartup use!)
- User/password prompt for Quickmount shares, and as an option in normal shares
- "Unmount all" option added to Project menu
- Improved error handling and requester information
SMBMounter has been tested under OS4.1 and OS3.9 and works fine so far...