DvPlayer v0.76 Released
Date 28-Aug-2011 21:16:46
Topic: Software News
|After more than 3 years of development a new version of DvPlayer is finally available. This is a major release with many new features, improvements and bug-fixes. For more information and to download the demo version, please visit the DvPlayer Website. Registered users automatically receive the update via E-Mail as usual. Please contact the author if you do not.|
Changes in this release:
- Added support for DVD subtitles. Subtitles can be selected in the subtitle
menu when playing DVDs.
- Added support for IFO files on DVDs to show audio and subtitle languages.
- Added support for MPEG audio files, including VBR (Variable BitRate) MPEG
- Added support for AIFF audio files.
- Added audio scope effect when playing audio-only files.
- Added support for YUV420 planar overlay format introduced in AmigaOS4.1.
- Added transparency (alpha channel) support for skins making it possible to
have shaped windows and other transparency effects.
- Implemented a new type of AVI frame-skipping algorithm which achieves
smoother playback on slower machines.
- Added requester when dragging files into DvPlayer window to ask if the files
should be appended to the end of the playlist or replace the current list.
- When current file finished playing and window is closed/reopened it is only
activated if it was activated previously so that the focus is not taken away
from the user who may be working in another window at that time.
- Now a requester informs if a suitable audio codec cannot be found and even
gives an option to search for available codecs online.
- Fixed a bug which caused a DSI when volume slider was moved while no movie
- Fixed framerate and movie length determination in AVI files which were
- Text in TextArea is no longer rendered without clearing the area behind it
which was causing graphics corruptions with some skins.
- Solved issue that was causing some slowdowns and delays on Sam440 systems.
- Uses new 64-bit YUV rendering routines on systems where this leads to a
- When the about window was open the main window became unresponsive. Now main
window events are serviced in this case also.
- Movie area in GUI is now only cleared during window refresh if the window's
size changed. This keeps the current frame displayed when playback is paused
and the window is deselected.
- Optimized MPEG Video stream detection code to allow for faster load times.
- Fixed a bug which caused the text area in the GUI not to be refreshed in
non-overlay window mode.
- File requesters and other requesters were always opened on Workbench even if
DvPlayer was started on another screen, now it opens on the same screen as
the DvPlayer window.
- Doubled stack cookie which solves issues with playback of files with MJPEG
codec when running from shell.
- Corrected overlay alignment issues.
- NOSKIP option now works with asf/wmv files too.
- Corrected time display and slider position handling with asf/wmv files.
- Changed alignment of video buffers for playback of AVI files which seems to
fix the occasional decoding errors observed with some videos.
- Several other small bug-fixes and optimizations...