WinUAE (2.3.3) Released
Date 21-Sep-2011 4:30:55
Topic: Software News
|An new version of the popular Amiga Emulator was released a few days ago (September 18th).|
- New very low latency VSync mode, autodetects real refresh rate, no more 100% CPU usage, supports also windowed modes.
(Not compatible with fastest possible CPU modes but planned in future)
- Experimental rawinput joystick/joypad support. (-rawhid command line parameter)
Added because DirectInput is said to introduce some extra input lag.
- Real cause for Max Transfer IDE problem found. IDE emulation detects and logs it now. (*)
- CD image audio buffer increased slightly, some systems had glitches in CD audio.
- Non-configured joystick/mouse autoswitch update: short firebutton press or move left = insert into joystick port, longer press or move right = insert into mouse port.
- Add Harddrive option does not require Administrator privileges anymore, most removable drives can be used without higher privileges, at least under Windows 7.
- IDE emulation write hang introduced in 2.3.2.
- A590/A2091 emulation crash if CPU was 68020+.
- On the fly CD switching (both images and real CDs) reliability improved.
- Direct3D blank screen problem is now 100% fixed. Really.
- win32.hardfile_path didn't work.
- On the fly resolution change didn't work correctly, resolution autoswitch improved.
- Key or joystick button mapped to mouse direction didn't work.
- Analog stick mapped to mouse had too fast and unstable speed.
(*) Max Transfer problem was introduced with ATA v2 specification. ROM built-in IDE driver assume ATA v1 behavior, some drives are compatible with ATA v1, some are not and will require Max Transfer fix. It is NOT a drive bug. Click for details
Download Installer version.
Download ZIP version.
For more and the latest please visit the Official WinUAE Website.