NetSurf 2.8 (OS4 web browser) released
Date 22-Sep-2011 21:47:38
Topic: Software News
|NetSurf 2.8 adds support for frames and iframes on all platforms, MIME type sniffing, and a new image cache. Image decoding can now be deferred until images are required for more optimal resource use and faster page load times. The release also incorporates many other new features, optimisations, improvements and bug fixes. Full details in the change log. We recommend all users upgrade.|
Download from http://www.netsurf-browser.org or via http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/netsurf/
Release notes for this AmigaOS 4 build:
* DataTypes content handler now used for JPEG and PNG images on the 4.0 (static) build.
* Low-memory version of parserutils.library included in the archive, for people wishing to reduce memory requirements.
* MNG and WebP internal decoders no longer compiled in. Please install appropriate datatypes for WebP and (limited) MNG support.
* The file Resource/mimetypes can be used to specify applications to run plug-in content (to use, right-click plug-in area and select "launch in external application"). It also links DataTypes, MIME types and DefIcons, so if something isn't working as expected it might be related to this file.
* Please note the new DPI setting in prefs. Some people reported particulary small text on certain websites with the previous release. Setting DPI correctly fixes this. If you use a widescreen monitor you may need to set "option_widescreen:1" in Resources/Options.