eGame r4 released for AmigaOS4, MorphOS & AROS
Date 17-Jan-2013 13:33:32
Topic: Software News
|eGame allows you to keep an easily searchable list of games for playing - rather than having to hunt through lots of folders using Workbench/Wanderer/Ambient. Please note that eGame is only able to start games that you can already run by double-clicking them.|
Click read more
* MorphOS; Removed warnings about the MorphOS version, as I fixed my Efika & so am able to test eGame on MOS .
* MorphOS; PNG icons are now shown .
* MorphOS; Fixed the installer not working.
* AmigaOS4; Worked-around OS bugs that made scaled icons look bad.
* The installer now warns you if you don't have NList installed.
* eGame now reports if it failed to start because NList was missing.
* Icons are not enlarged beyond x2.
Not forgetting the changes for the (unadvertised) previous release:
* Now comes with an installer.
* Added support for screenshots to be shown (instead of icons).
* Now enlarges small icons.
* Add a "Last played" column.
* Added "Favourite" as a built-in tag.
* For "Play count" it now shows nothing, instead of 0.
* Now handles multiple files dropped at the same time.
I hope this encourages some MorphOS users to register (so far it's basically just been OS4 users - some of whom also use MOS or AROS).
You can download eGame from Aminet & OS4Depot.
"eGame" is short for "(Portabl)E Game Launcher". I originally wrote eGame as a test & an example of what can be achieved with PortablE's easy GUI system, but (after some prodding from Joel) I think it has become a nice useful program in it's own right.
As I've put a lot of effort into making tagging & filtering easy but still pretty powerful, I decided to make it 'DonationShareware'. Without a key file it will only display 10 games (although you can still search all stored games & the first 10 matches will be shown). If you want to get a key file to unlock it, then you need to send me at least 2 Pounds by PayPal (although I encourage you to donate more if you feel it is worth more!).
eGame has been tested on AmigaOS4, MorphOS & AROS. (I am now able to test eGame on MorphOS, so no more worries!)