Results from DJNick's Sam460ex bounty
Date 16-Jun-2013 20:49:52
|Greetings to Amiga friends. I decided to release what I've done up to now after Amiga community bought me Sam460ex motherboard in February 2012:|
- I've designed a complete AmigaOS.net web site:
- Created 1st AmigaOS4+ theme called "Crystal". With this theme you will get:
- skinned toolbars and windows
- new mouse graphics
- redesigned requester icons and all menus / submenus
- my boot and error sound samples [composed in Renoise tracker]
- my Amiga Encounter wallpaper in 6 different resolutions (800x600; 1024x768; 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080px)
- redesigned MUI preferences so it matches Crystal theme set
- changed Filer preferences so its default colors matches Crystal theme set
- added new skin for AmiDock and its horizontal and vertical subdocks / submenus.
- added script for black Shell and coloured text
- Created set of 14 full HD wallpapers (AmigaEncounter, Abstract, Abstract v2, Abstract v3, Impact, Matrix [+Matrix col2], Futur, Retro, Retro v2, Space [+Space-green], The Ball, The Ball v2 and Xtra) resized into 6 different resolutions: 800x600; 1024x768; 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080px.
Some snapshots are in my DA gallery:
* * * F.A.Q: * * *
* WHY IT TOOK SOOOO LONG:
- Bounty is finished in February 2012. Then it took over a month to receive motherboard. System couldn't boot so I had to order SATA cards from Australia. Thank you Belxjander for sending it to me.
- In the mean time I invested [~440 Eur] into new tower case, UPS, hard disk, DVD Rom, graphics card, USB Flash, keyboard, mouse, USB hub.
- After receiving SATA cards in April 2012 - system couldn't boot for over 3 months of really hard working and setting. AmigaOS4.1 update 2 boots for the first time in June 2012 [again thanks to Belxjander].
- In June I got Maxim baby boy so it took me another 2 months for movements from one town to another and preparing place for family. During that time I had enormous of work for various clients [video production, ads, commercials, animations, music, sfx, games, UI and web design]...
- In September 2012 I started to create themes, but it didn't work as I expected. As I am just a designer [without any programming knowledge] - creating the theme was an extremely large and time consuming problem [discovering how the system works, where are UI parts etc].
- InBetween Skinning and life I used to create everything others I listed in the beginning.
- And finally 1st theme is finished [with large help from Kas1e] this week, 1,5 years later after bounty is finished.
* VIDEO PRODUCTION ABOUT AMIGA SYSTEM?
As soon as I get fully working 3D driver I will record a video about AmigaOS and put it on my channel [I already have over 26 million visitors, over 9000 subscribers, between 50 and 100.000 viewers every day and over 2 millions comes by month].
My youtube tracking visits link:
I will not record AmigaOS in its current state [as my graphic drivers are not capable of playing video at full speed, displaying Youtube videos, working in Graphics and Desktop Publishing software, composing music... etc.] as it will receive lots of negative votes.
I hope I explained all in very short text. More work will come in future.
Nykk // www.djnick.rs // www.youtube.com/djnykk // djnick2k.deviantart.com/gallery