TTEngine (5.0) released
Date 14-Nov-2002 21:02:51
Topic: Software News
|TTEngine (formerly known as TTRender) is an AmigaOS library (named ttengine.library) for rendering high quality text using TrueType fonts. TTEngine is based on FreeType2 project. It is not a plain straightforward FreeType port however. TTEngine has many additional functionality implemented.|
Here are the key features of TTEngine:
- Renders strings (not only single glyphs) with kerning.
- Has string metrics calculation functions.
- Renders to any RastPort in a system friendly manner (JAM1, JAM2, INVERSVID, COMPLEMENT modes supported).
- Works with OCS/ECS/AGA graphics chipsets as well as with graphics cards under CyberGraphX or Picasso96 control (all AGA modes supported including HAM and A2024)
- Optional antialiased text on 16 and 24 bit screens.
- User configurable antialias settings separately for every font face.
- Luminance based antialiasing with RGB correction.
- Optional text transparency (adjusted in 256 steps) on 16 and 24 bit screens.
- Supports many 8-bit character encodings and 16/32-bit Unicode standard.
- Has efficient, system-wide glyph bitmap caching system.
- Allows for text pixmap extraction for further processing.
- Font database allows for flexible font files storage and classification.
- Application Programmer Interface highly compatible with graphics.library.
Download TTEngine (5.0) (159KB LhA)