ShowFiles (SF) 0.941 released
Date 27-Jan-2014 18:04:10
Topic: software OS4
|ShowFiles (SF) is yet another DIR command (written in C). It displays a sorted|
and text-formatted list of files, drawers (dirs) and soft/hard-links on disk or
other storage medium. It will also display their additional information such as
size, date, possible comment, executable header type (68k or PPC program),
protection-bits, etc, etc.
It supports a number of different options/switches, after installation in the
Shell, please type "sf HELP" (or "sf --help") for listing all options/switches.
Or look in the .doc-file in the archive.
Download: ShowFiles at OS4Depot
- Abbreviated as SF or just sf, fast and easy to type in the shell.
- Dirs/drawers are displayed in blue color (pen 3).
- Hard/Softlinks are displayed underscored (underlined).
- Shows where any Hard/Softlinks points to.
- Possible comments are displayed in italic.
- Displays the "primitive" file type of files.
- Fetches and identifies executable headers. 68k, PPC (ELF), EXE, among others.
- Displays the Amiga file protection bits of files.
- Shows free disk space and sizes in KiB (1024), kB (1000) and bytes.
- Options for sorting by size and time/date.
- Option for reversing the output list.
- Options for displaying only files, dirs or links. Or intermix them.
- Option for only listing m680x0 (68k) executables (AmigaOS 3.x).
- Option for only listing PowerPC (PPC) executables (ELF headers).
- (BETA) ALL option for showing all files and dirs in directories and subdirs.
- Option to "trail" files with an initial character ('/', '*' or (at)-char).
- Possibility to specify a path to display.
- Shows OwnerUID, OwnerGID, UseCount and ObjectID (as reported by DOS).
- Supports multiple formats of options/switches (f.ex: TIME --time -t /T).
- Supports automatic updates through AmiUpdate.
- Written (in C) and developed on Amiga for Amiga.
Special notes for this release
- ALL option is in BETA.
- This release was focused on stability and error handling.
- CHANGE: All one-single-letter options such as a, -m, /P are now case
sensitive, where as non-single-letter options are not. Reason for this
is because available free letters are becomming scarce for more options.
- Changed single letter option h to ?, because of above reason.
- ADDED: 68K, --68k, -6 and /6 option(s) for only listing all 68k executables.
- ADDED: PPC, --ppc, -P and /P option(s) for only listing all PPC (ELF)
Version 0.941: (Jan 2014)
- AmiUpdate fix, AutoInstall file included again, it did escape for some
mysterious reason ( ;) ) in the last archive. (Thanks zzd10h)
- Option for showing the manual has been removed (since it's ever growing)
and at least 10 KiB (20%) has been shaved off the ShowFiles executable. See
the .doc file instead in the archive or SYS:Documentation/C/ShowFiles.doc.
- Fixes in readme/documentation, some last minute typos did crawl into the
Version 0.940: (Jan 2014)
- Bugfix for DSI crash in option ALL, reported by Guillaume Boesel (zzd10h),
resulting in a total rewrite of the ALL-option specific part.
- Fixed bug, row-break/new-line issue in the footer.
- Much improved error handling and stability with more graceful exit.
- In addition to above, fixed/updated several error-messages, numbered them
as well for referencing purpose.
- Added 68K, --68k, -6 and /6 option(s) for only listing all 68k executables.
- Added PPC, --ppc, -P and /P option(s) for only listing all PPC (ELF)
- CHANGE: All one single letter options such as a, -m, /? are now case
sensitive, where as non-single-letter options are not. This is because
available free letters for more options are becomming scarce.
- Changed single letter option h to ? (because of above reason).
- Added get_verstag function for returning the VERSTAG.
- Comments in output are now in italic black on grey for better visibility.
- Output header now in bold on grey for better visibility.
- Output footer now in italic for better visibility.
- Dirs in output are now also in bold for better visibility.
- Other minor bugfixes and further fixes and typos in readme/documentation.
Version 0.930: (Jan 2014)
- ALL option added, for displaying all subdirectories and their items.
- File installation structure changed, no dir with extra files copied to C:
or anywhere else anymore.
- Changed so "PPC" is shown rather than "elf" in dir listings.
- Compiled with the latest updated SDK (version 53.24).
- Typos and minor fixes in readme/documentation.
Version 0.923: (Dec 2013)
- Bugfix regarding links not being underlined or marked in output. (PS: That
bug was kind of hard to track and hunt down but now resolved ;) )
- File comments and link arrows now also in white (pen 2).
- More bugfixes in AutoInstall, Install and UnInstall scripts.
Version 0.922: (Dec 2013)
- Bugfixes in AutoInstall, Install and UnInstall scripts.
- Minor typos in readme fixed.
Version 0.921: (Jan 2013)
- Moved AutoInstall to the root.
Version 0.92: (Dec 2012)
- Fixed bug, "Total size listed is always 0 in the footer."
- Fixed the AutoInstall, there were some unknown parameters (oops).
- Changed the footer info so files and dirs are separate, and items is the
total of those, among other minor there in the footer.