ShowFiles (sf) 0.960 released
Date 29-Sep-2014 1:46:50
Topic: software OS4
|New version of ShowFiles (sf) now released for AmigaOS 4. |
ShowFiles (sf) is yet another DIR command (written in C). It displays a sorted
and text-formatted list of files, drawers (dirs) and soft/hard-links on disk or
other storage medium. It will also display their additional information such as
size, date, possible comment, executable header type (68k or PPC program),
protection-bits, etc, etc.
It supports a number of different options/switches, after installation in the
Shell, please type "sf HELP" (or "sf --help") for listing all options/switches.
Or look in the .doc-file in the archive.
Download: ShowFiles (sf) at OS4Depot
- Abbreviated as SF or just sf, fast and easy to type in the shell.
- Dirs/drawers are displayed in blue color (pen 3).
- Hard/Softlinks are displayed underscored (underlined).
- Shows where any Hard/Softlinks points to.
- Possible comments are displayed in italic.
- Displays the "primitive" file type of files.
- Fetches and identifies executable headers. 68k, PPC (ELF), EXE, among others.
- Displays the Amiga file protection bits of files.
- Shows free disk space and sizes in KiB (1024), kB (1000) and bytes.
- Options SIZE and TIME, for sorting by size and time/date.
- Option REVERSE, for reversing the output list.
- Options (FILES, DIRS & LINKS) for displaying only files, dirs or links. Or intermix them.
- Option 68K, for only listing m680x0 (68k) executables (AmigaOS 3.x).
- Option PPC, for only listing PowerPC (PPC) executables (ELF headers).
- Option ALL, for showing all files and dirs in directories and subdirs.
- Option to "trail" files with an initial character ('/', '*' or (at)-char).
- Possibility to specify a path to display.
- Option BARE, for listing without heading/summary information.
- Shows OwnerUID, OwnerGID, UseCount and ObjectID (as reported by DOS).
- Supports the ? switch, for showing the Template.
- Supports multiple formats of options/switches (f.ex: TIME --time -t /T).
- Supports automatic updates through AmiUpdate.
- Written (in C) and developed on Amiga, for Amiga and Amigans.
Special notes for this release
- Implemented the ? switch for showing the Template.
- Implemented the BARE option, for using bare format (no heading/summary
- All one-single-letter options such as a, -m, /P are now case
sensitive, where as non-single-letter options are not. Reason for this
is because available free letters are becomming scarce for more options.
- For the manual (info and details), see the .doc-file in the archive.
- For the latest cahanges/updates, look in the Changes-section in the manual...
Version 0.960: (Sep 2014)
- Added ? switch for showing the Template.
- Added BARE option, for using bare format (no heading/summary information).
- Safety improved, added more checks concerning memory (just to be sure).
(Sentinels placed around memory allocations, about 20 in total.)
- Corrected information in the HELP option.
- Typos fixed in the Options-section and in the Readme file.
- Added Format-info and Template-info to documentation.
- Added small hidden message to binary (only #JustForFun, ~60 chars).
- Added Milestones-section to documentation.
Version 0.950: (Jun 2014)
- Added REALDATE command, shows Date in international format (yyyy-mm-dd),
suggested by JosDuchIt.
- Added DATEFIRST command, Date (and Time) column is as first column, sort
of suggested by JosDuchIt.
- Bugfix/change: The few first protectionbits are seen now again in MORE
view. This was little "too much of a feature" that looked broken.
- Bugfix/change: The three first columns in the DEFAULT view removed, yes
those should not be seen, please use option MORE instead to see those
- Added Extversion (EXTVER) tag/cookie.
- Minor fixes in readme, among other small fixes.
Version 0.943: (Feb 2014)
- Bugfixed option ALL. This exact compile was *VERIFIED* thanks to
Guillaume Boesel (zzd10h) on his A1-X1000 and Joel Edberg (Joeled) on his
Sam460ex, and also tested on author's Sam440ep-flex. The bug was due to a
compiler optimization switch.
Download: ShowFiles (sf) at OS4Depot