Wings Battlefield available!
Date 13-Jun-2015 10:19:52
Topic: Software News
Cherry-Darling is pleased to announce that our new game Wings Battlefield is finally available for purchase from the following resellers:
- Alinea Computer
- Amedia Computer France
- GoldenCode (= soon also directly from us, but for now our friends from above shall have fun )
Because we only have few test machines we strongly suggest to try before you buy!
Quite some things were improved since the first demo version, so make sure to get the latest one!
The ultimate head-to-head 3D air combat game for your next-gen Amigas!
Fly through the canyons and hills and take out your opponents before being taken out by them.
- 1 to 4 players battle
- split screen or LAN*
- human or CPU opponents
- adjustable CPU intelligence
- player profiles
- adapts to all screen-modes / window sizes
- Tate mode (pivot monitor support)
- best played with your digital joysticks
- procedural level editor
- three different landscape styles
- online high scores
- optional full scene anti-aliasing (Warp3D and Compositing versions only)
- lots of graphics options to get the perfect balance between performance / quality
- localized to English, German, French, Hungarian, Greek, Spanish and Swedish
- automatic updates (actually the first update that adds another gfx option just arrived )
* LAN! Not WAN! If playing LAN sessions each player is required to have his own CD licence key!
The latter does not apply to the kind people who significantly donated or helped us in other ways As being mentioned in those interviews: we don't forget that!
The professionally produced CD contains:
- AmigaOS4 Warp3D version
- AmigaOS4 Compositing version
- MorphOS version
- AROS x86 version
- and a, er, Windows version
- plus some goodies and the manual
- your personal licence key printed on the CD
- all wrapped up in a nice DVD box that'll look just great next to your Ace Of Hearts box
The AmigaOS4 Compositing Version
No Warp3D available for your setup yet? No problem!
Wings Battlefield is our first game that uses our new Cherry Terrain Composite Engine.
This engine implements some hacks to deliver hardware accelerated 3D even if there isn't a 3D driver. So you can finally enjoy real 3D almost without compromises even with your RadeonHD 4xxx, 5xxx and 6xxx!
Concretely it features:
- GPU accelerated depth tests
- GPU accelerated occlusion
- GPU accelerated fogging
- and of course GPU accelerated drawing / filtering
The game does NOT support or feature:
- a Warnock algorithm or whatever
- Classic or emulated Amigas. In theory it may probably work on something like an A4000, PPC, Mediator, Radeon 9200 setup - but it certainly won't be much fun. However, we cannot test, therefore: not supported officially, sorry.
Some more interesting links
- The game's Facebook page (yes, we appreciate "like" - and "sharing" doesn't hurt neither )
- Cherry-Darling Facebook page (ditto)
- Cherry-Darling Homepage
- Video of the first (Compositing-)Alpha
- Epsilon's Beta Test
- Preview in the Amiga Mania
- Yasu's Beta Preview
- Wings Battlefield on the Adelaide Amiga 30 Meeting
- TRiACE' music
- daXX' music
In case you have a technical problem with the game, please mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can help you (and others, if it turns out you found a bug).
With this release Cherry-Darling is once again pleased to re-affirm our commitment to providing new and progressive software for AmigaOS4 , MorphOS and AROS and towards our customers
The Cherry-Darling Team