PortablE r6 beta released
Date 14-Dec-2015 16:35:55
Topic: Software News
PortablE is a recreation of the AmigaE programming language, along with all the improvements I wanted. PortablE works on AmigaOS4, AROS, MorphOS, and even Windows to an extent! (It should also work on AmigaOS3, but compiling needs a powerful machine like WinUAE.)
This is the first proper new release in 2 years, and has been throughly tested on the latest version of AmigaOS4, AROS x86 (Icaros Desktop Live), and MorphOS, as well as Windows 7.
Previous versions of PortablE were aimed at existing AmigaE users, but PortablE now aims to be attractive for new users too. Although it's still "beta", it should work well, and further incompatible changes seem unlikely.
Click READ MORE ===>
See the main manual for everything that has changed since r5. There have been the following big changes since the last beta:
* The Simple Mode of the installer now puts the PEmodules folder somewhere sensible.
* The Windows installer now actually results in a working installation.
* AmigaOS4: Now compiles with the latest AmigaOS4 SDK (53.30).
* AmigaOS4: Added ReAction modules & a ClassAct 'emulation' layer, and 4 examples programs in "Examples/Amiga/ClassAct/".
* AROS: Now compiles on Icaros Desktop Live v2.0.x (tested on v2.0.3).
* PEGCC now has the parameters Run, RunUsing & RunParam, so you can compile & run programs in one go.
* PortablE now stores ".pem" cache files in "PEmodules:PE/cache/", instead of your source folders.
* Removed source<>destination restriction of StrAdd().
* and much more!
You can download it from here:
PortablE comes with documentation, but you can find on-line documentation, examples & the latest version of PortablE from it's homepage: