PortablE r6 beta released
Date 27-Apr-2016 11:09:22
Topic: Software News
PortablE is a recreation of the AmigaE programming language, along with all the improvements I wanted. PortablE works on AmigaOS4, AROS, MorphOS, and even Windows to an extent! (It should also work on AmigaOS3, but compiling needs a powerful machine like WinUAE.)
This is a small update, which improves (OS4) ReAction support, makes any generated MUI/ReAction code human-readable, and fixes a few bugs..
Previous versions of PortablE were aimed at existing AmigaE users, but PortablE now aims to be attractive for new users too. Although it's still "beta", it should work well, and further incompatible changes seem unlikely.
See the main manual for everything that has changed since r5. There have been the following big changes since the last beta:
* Built-in procedures can now support unlimited parameters (although only some have been updated to use this ability).
* Improved MUI & ReAction modules to use procedures with unlimited parameters (instead of immedate tag lists). So the C/C++ code generated for GUIs is now human-readable!
* Added the NoListOptim switch, so that the code generated for Immediate Lists can be more human-readable.
* AmigaOS4: Added the 'intuition/menuclass' module, aka "AISS menus", and the example program "Examples/Amiga/OS4_ReAction/MenuClass.e".
* When a bug exception was thrown during compilation, it could give the wrong message. Now fixed.
* Fixed a few module bugs.
You can download it from here:
PortablE comes with documentation, but you can find on-line documentation, examples & the latest version of PortablE from it's homepage: