MUI 5.0-2017R1 for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k released
Date 1-Feb-2017 22:45:11
Topic: Software News
|The MUI for AmigaOS development team is proud to announce the immediate release of version 5.0-2017R1 of the Magic User Interface for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k. Please find the release archives in our download section.|
Like all former releases a keyfile is required to enable all available settings. Old keyfiles from MUI 3.8 can be used without any restriction.
Please note that MUI5 for AmigaOS3/m68k is definitely targeted at powerful systems with a fast CPU and a fast graphic board. Although it is still possible to run this release on a real 68k machine an emulation like WinUAE is very highly recommended. Also colour-mapped screens with 256 colours at most are still supported, but MUI5 makes heavy use of fancy truecolour images and effects which cannot be provided on colour-mapped screens with the full range of possibilities.
These are the most important new features of MUI5:
- inline editing in List objects
- built-in hooks for multicolumn lists
- built-in handling of sortable list columns
- support for fixed (initial) width list columns
- new Textdata class to support UTF8 encoded text (via codesets.library)
- new reordering methods for Group and Family class