Updater Utility: Version and Copy Commands
Date 22-May-2021 12:59:35
Topic: Amigaworld.net News
|A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased to announce two new command releases on Updater utility: |
* Version command
* Copy command
These new commands have been steadily developed over the last three years for use in forthcoming AmigaKit Ltd Classic projects. They have more recently been ported to PPC. They have been released to Enhancer Software customers to optionally decide if they wish to install them.
Apart from core functionality they introduce some useful enhancements. Please refer to our Amiga.org Wiki documentation for more information,
A-EON would like to extend appreciation and thanks to the beta testers across the community who have been giving up their free time to test these commands on Classic and PPC platforms. Special thanks to the beta testers of the Amiga Developer Team for their hard work in testing. We are grateful to our developers for their dedication and enduring work to this project.
46.10 / 54.10
- Bugfix: Could exit early when searching for a filename in the path list if a dir with the same name was found in the path.
- Now also searches filesystem segment lists for vertag strings.
This fixes not finding version info from devices that use CrossDOSFilesystem.
- Some improvements in searching segment lists for version data.
- Can now get version info for handler-based DOS devices like CON:, RAW:, RAM:
- Now gets filesystem version info for volume and assign names.
- ORIGIN option now also reports handlers and their location on disk if version info comes from the file.
- V54: Bugfix: Getting version info from ELF executables and dos resident segment lists now works.
- V54: Adjusted the maximum filename, path, volume and device lengths.
- V54: Enlarged file read buffer.
- Many other optimizations.
46.9 / 54.9
- Now uses DOS's path list to find filenames that haven't been found in fixed locations like LIBS: or DEVS:
In V54 this fixes the issue of not using the APPDIR: assign.
- The ORIGIN option now also reports the location of the given filename if no path is used or the FILE option is not used.
Copy 46.6 / 54.6 :
- Added some missing V54 CLI argument abbreviations to the argument template to avoid compatibility issues.
- Added quotes to the shown filename in the replace prompt.
- V54: Enlarged copy buffer size to double that of V46.