Updater Utility: Commands Update
Date 3-Jul-2021 14:35:03
Topic: Amigaworld.net News
|A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased to announce six new command updates on Updater utility: |
* AddBuffers command
* AddDatatypes command
* Assign command
* Copy command
* List command
* MakeDir command
These new commands have been steadily developed over the last three years for use in forthcoming AmigaKit Ltd Classic projects. They have more recently been ported to PPC. They have been released to Enhancer Software customers to optionally decide if they wish to install them.
Apart from core functionality they introduce some useful enhancements. Please refer to our Amiga.org Wiki documentation for more information.
A-EON would like to extend appreciation and thanks to the beta testers across the community who have been giving up their free time to test these commands on Classic and PPC platforms. Special thanks to the beta testers of the Amiga Developer Team for their hard work in testing. We are grateful to our developers for their dedication and enduring work to this project.
AddBuffers 46.3 / 54.3 :
25 Jun 2021
- Now temporarily turns off system requesters when using the LIST option.
AddDataTypes 46.6 / 54.6 :
27 Jun 2021
- Added NOREPLACE option to prevent one datatype from replacing another added
datatype with the same name when using the REFRESH option.
- Now also reports the number of datatypes that were added when the REFRESH
option is used.
- Bugfix: A structure that was freed too soon could cause an illegal memory
- Added more checks for out of memory error.
Copy 46.8 / 54.8 :
22 Jun 2021
- Fixed bug when printing "object not found" error messages for filenames that
don't contain a path.
MakeDir 46.8 / 54.8 :
22 Jun 2021
- Added FORCE option to ignore "object already exists" error.
Assign 46.4 / 54.4 :
9 Jun 2021 :
- Improved INHIBIT option: only dos device names with filesystems can now be
inhibited. Also it is no longer possible to make nested inhibits.
Also added messages when a device is successfully inhibited or uninhibited.
List 46.8 / 54.8 :
21 Jun 2021
- Bugfix: The %S LFORMAT operator was only substituting the filename and not
also the path as it should in case of multiple %S occurrences.
- Bugfix: Only lowercase LFORMAT operators were recognised.