VirusZ (1.01) released
Date 4-Jun-2004 21:06:47
Topic: Software News
|Georg Hörmann has recently released a small update to his Virus Checker - VirusZ III. He asks urgently for feedback from VirusZ users, in order to learn how and whether his software has been used in the last 13 years.|
Changes since the last release:
- Fixed bug in Bootblock Lab which caused "Write" and "Install" to end up in a disk i/o error if "Ask Before Write Access" option was enabled. Thanks to Ronald Schakelaar for the bug report.
- Fixed password handling for encrypted archives: a correct password has already been remembered for all files before, but cancelling the password requester because you don't know the correct password would have caused new requesters for *all* files in the encrypted archive. Now VirusZ also remembers the cancelling and will simply report all following files as encrypted. Thanks to Thomas Tavoly for reporting this problem.
- Fixed bug that appeared after a sector check when checking disks that have the same name as their device (eg. disk labeled 'DF0' in device DF0:). Inhibit() is in fact a very simple DOS function that easily gets confused, so I added a little workaround for this problem. Thanks to Thomas Tavoly for the report and beta-testing.
- Added lots of snapshots sent by Michel 'DMX' Bagmeijer and Andreas Kürzinger. Thanks guys.
- Fixed bug in code calling disassembler.library: the library might have been opened several times but closed only once. Thanks to Michel 'DMX' meijer for the report.
- Fixed bug in preferences loader: the 'Display SegTracker Info If Available' options got switched off every time you (re)loaded the settings. Thanks again to Michel 'DMX' Bagmeijer for this report.
- Changed distribution from FREEWARE to MAILWARE as I need feedback for further development. Currently I have no idea at all how many active users are still out there...
Download VirusZ III (102,890 bytes LHA)
Visit the Denmark Virus Help Team Website for more information.