New MorphOS release for Classic Amiga
Date 23-Feb-2006 15:41:48
Topic: Miscellaneous News
|The MorphOS Development Team released a new free version of MorphOS 1.4.5 for Classic Amigas with a PowerUP/PPC card. Following the original press statement as it was posted on morphzone.org:|
"The MorphOS Development Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of an updated MorphOS version for computers equipped with PowerUP accelerator cards. The included changes are as follows:
- Vastly improved graphics hardware compatability: MorphOS now includes 68K drivers for popular graphics cards such as the Cybervision64, Cybervision 64/3D and the Picasso IV.
- Problems on machines with more than 128MB of memory were fixed.
- hal.com1 was updated in order to allow proper support of CV3D.
- The RegTool (registration application) was updated as well.
- An experimental version of 4IDE support was added. (Please read the IDE splitter section in the "morphos.readme" text file.)
- The update also includes new Hungarian locale settings.
The MorphOS Free Edition for PowerUP can be downloaded from http://powerup.morphos-team.net. We suggest to carefully read the instructions on the website as well as in the included "readme" text to make the installation process as effortless as possible.
We hope you enjoy the update and would like to thank Csaba "Chip" Simon and Péter "Ratman" Földesi for supplying test hardware."