Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
AmigaWorld - Amiga Community Portal
WinUAE (1.6.0) released
Date 23-May-2009 19:09:55
Topic: Software News
|Toni Wilen has finally released the latest version of the most famous Amiga Emulator - WinUAE. The latest release features the following list of changes/enhancements:|
- Very popular request: automatic display scaling/window resizing! (not compatible with all programs) Option in Filter-panel.
- PAL/NTSC vertical size change emulated in filter modes.
- Transparent clipboard sharing between Amiga clipboard.device and Windows clipboard, both Amiga->Windows and Windows->Amiga supported. Text and images supported, HAM6/8 automatically converted to 24-bit image, EHB converted to 64-colour image. Images with less than 256 colours images converted to standard IFF, higher color images converted to 24-bit IFF. Text converted to plain text, formatting possible in future.
- "Interlace fixer", interlaced screens are now rock solid, all interlace artifacts will be gone. (this feature isn't same as scandoubler or flickerfixer and not compatible with most games)
- VirtualPC VHD dynamic harddisk image support (dynamic = empty hardfile is very small, size grows automatically when more data gets written)
- Custom chipset emulation updates, horizontally mixed lores and hires modes work and more (for example Disposable Hero titlescreen is finally perfect, Oops Up ray colour issue)
- Mouse emulation rewritten (Oil Imperium pipelining minigame)
- 10 sector and 81/82 track PC/Atari ST disk images supported.
- Diskspare disk images supported.
- OCS/ECS "7-planes" mode fully implemented (4 normal bitplanes + 2 static 16-bit patterns for planes 5 and 6) 1st Anniversary by Lazy Bones has 100% correct display now.
- SuperHires supported in lores and filtered lores modes.
- 320x256, 640x512, 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 always added to RTG mode list (320x200 and 320x240 was already available previously)
- RTG mode vertical blanking interrupt implemented without busy waiting, interrupt rate added, configuration added to GUI.
- Filter multiplier select boxes now support manually entered multipliers, for example 2.5 = 2.5x. Aspect ratio correction added.
- Full drawing tablet support. (must be wintab compatible)
- "Magic mouse" mode improvements.
- Parallel port joystick adapter configuration added to Gameports panel (Much easier and quicker than using Input panel configuration)
- Input device type (mouse, digital joystick, analog joystick, lightpen etc..) selection added to Gameports panel. (Less need for complex Input panel configuration)
- WinUAE is now unicode Windows application, added full unicode support to configuration files. (backwards compatibility still maintained)
- PortAudio v19 audio library support. ASIO, WDM-KS (Windows XP low level sound API), WASAPI (Vista low level sound API), lower latency sound. NOTE: WDM-KS is unstable in current PortAudio version.
- Added new 64-bit seek and size dos packets to filesystem emulation.
- ICD AdIDE "scrambled" IDE disk and hardfile format supported, also includes automatic byteswap detection.
- Include some monitor unsupported modes in display modes list because some drivers lists custom modes as unsupported with current monitor (even if they work just fine..)
- ASCII-only and experimental Epson matrix printer emulation added, do not print anything if less than 10 bytes received.
- Added support for Windows Recent Documents/Windows 7 Jump Lists.
1.5.3 bug fixes:
- Random CD32 pad button events without enabled pad.
- Mid horizontal line graphics mode change fix (for example Cover Girl Strip Poker)
- ECS Agnus 0.5M+0.5M "1M chip" mirror works again (Move Any Mountain)
- Rainbow Islands one missing horizontal line fixed.
Other bug fixes:
- Directory filesystem bug fixes (very old bugs), ACTION MODE CHANGE fixed, also fixed case that caused lost file comments, show >2G files as 2G - 1 instead of showing "random" 32-bit truncated value.
- HAM mode graphics errors if left border was not fully visible.
- Some crashing bugs fixed.
- uaeserial.device unit 10 or larger works now.
- Early boot menu PAL/NTSC switching works properly, previously only worked after reset.
- CD32 CD emulation is now compatible with newer cd.device (comes with FMV cartridge boot ROM)
- KS loader 16-bit odd/even ROM image to 32-bit merging fixed.
- A1000 bootstrap ROM in even/odd format loading fixed.
- Another non-interlace to interlace switch graphics corruption fixed.
- Sprite graphics garbage appeared in some rare cases.
- Restoring statefile without GUI enabled emptied all floppy drives.
- lha extended datestamps fixed. 7zip updated, datestamps supported.
- Recursive archives as a harddrive support improved.
- RTG display refresh crash in some specific situations.
- Switching cycle-exact mode on the fly sometimes froze the blitter.
- Screenshots in windowed D3D modes fixed.
- 100% stereo separation was not working properly.
- Much improved sound stability/syncronization.
and (too) much more.
Dowload the Installer version.
Download the ZIP file version.
All information and support can be found on the official WinUAE website.
This article comes from AmigaWorld - Amiga Community Portal
The URL for this story is: