BOH updated and ported to Linux
Date 4-Aug-2009 14:32:12
Topic: Software News
|Campobasso, Italy - August 4th, 2009|
BOH continues to improve and now it even runs natively on Linux!
Specifically, this update:
* makes the game run natively on Linux (requires an x86 CPU, SDL 1.2 and SDL_mixer-1.2);
* avoids the restart of the whole program upon theme change (very useful when playing in full screen, as the monitor does not need to re-sync);
* adds themes randomization options;
* adds the "USE ENHANCED WEAPONS" option (makes killing enemies easier);
* slows down the blinking of the automapper direction indicator;
* adds video mode suggestions;
* fixes a minor bug in the zoom selection handling (in rare cases it could cause an illegal memory access);
* fixes bad centering at 4x zoom (a couple of parentheses were missing);
* links the AmigaOS version to the latest SDL;
* links the Windows version to a fresh build of the custom framework (by mistake an outdated framework had been used with the consequence that, on some machines, input handling was partially broken);
* includes some graphical retouches to the themes "castle" and "warm";
* adds synopses to the phases of the mission "tougher and tougher";
* updates and improves the user's manual;
* improves some translations;
* applies some other changes.
BOH owners can enjoy the update by downloading it for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website.
BOH is an original, retro-flavoured game of exploration and action.
You move in claustrophobic, traps-packed, mind-boggling battlefields searching for the Evil Masters, who throw countless enemies at you until you discover and face them in the final battle. Although your quests are made slightly less hard by the bonuses and power-ups scattered all around, carrying out the missions demands lots of concentration and quick reflexes.
With BOH the fun never ends: new missions can be added anytime and you can even create your own! And, as if that was not enough, you can also customize entirely its audio-visual aspect!
BOH has been created with lots of passion and care to offer, with its oldschool style, a fascinatingly different videogaming experience.
To learn more about BOH, please surf to the official website at http://www.bohthegame.com.
via Trento, 20 - 86100 Campobasso (CB) - Italy
VAT no.: IT00814390704