MCC TextEditor 15.30
Date 30-Aug-2009 15:04:50
Topic: Software News
|TextEditor.mcc is a multiline string gadget which offers most of the common features you can find in a typical text editor, but embedded in a MUI custom class. It is used by a wide range of well-known MUI based applications like YAM or SimpleMail as the main text editing gadget. Its main features are:|
- Text can be colored (limited syntax highlighting)
- WYSIWYG for bold, italic and underline soft styles
- Multi-level undo & redo
- Lines with different alignments (left, right, centered)
- Ability to insert thick or thin separators with an optional title
- Easy marking either using the mouse or keyboard
- Full clipboard support, offering very fast cut & paste routines
- Light text highlighting for e-mail based on an opening ">" character
- Support for external spellcheckers, including type'n'spell and word guessing
- Configurable keys, colors, cursor types, blink speed, and much more
- Ability to have a bitmap as a background
- Support for proportional fonts with floating word wrap, as well as antialiased fonts
- Pixel smooth scrolling
- AREXX interface for scripted programming
TextEditor is available for AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, MorphOS and AROS.
TextEditor.mcc was originally written in 1997 and is Copyright (C) 1997-2000 by Allan Odgaard. As of version 15.10, released in April 2005, the gadget is maintained and Copyright (C) 2005-2009 by the TextEditor.mcc Open Source Team.
TextEditor.mcc is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) and the development is hosted at SourceForge.net:
Please consult the included "COPYING" file for more detailed information about the licensing of the gadget and its source code.