Hollywood now also available for Windows
Date 7-Feb-2010 11:01:11
Topic: Software News
|Airsoft Softwair are proud to announce the immediate availability of Hollywood for the Windows operating system. The Windows version of Hollywood is identical to the Amiga version, except that the Windows version comes with a convenient integrated development environment (IDE) that allows you to create Hollywood programs fast and easy. The Windows version of Hollywood is perfect for users who need to work with Hollywood in places where they don't have access to their Amiga system, e.g. at work or on notebooks while travelling. Scripts can be easily developed under Windows and then compiled for all platforms supported by Hollywood, i.e. AmigaOS 3, AmigaOS 4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS, Windows, Mac OS X PowerPC and Mac OS X Intel.|
Here is a non-exhaustive list of features of the Hollywood Windows IDE:
- Ultra-fast syntax highlighting even for large projects
- Multiple projects can be opened at the same time
- Syntax of inbuilt functions is shown during typing
- Comprehensive context sensitive online help
- Browser allows convenient project management
- User-defined functions can be easily accessed through the function list
- Easy access to project data files using an integrated viewer
- IDE is highly customizable (appearance & behaviour)
- Scripts can be saved as AVI videos
- Full printer support
- Unlimited undo & redo support
- Convenient context menus and shortcuts
- Extensive (30,000+ lines) of searchable documentation
- System integration (launch Hollywood scripts directly by double-clicking the .hws!)
- Many colorful icons designed by Martin "Mason" Merz
- Native Win32 application: no additional software required
- Runs on Windows 2000 and up
Please keep in mind that these were only the features of Hollywood's Windows IDE. The IDE is of course just the front-end for Hollywood's incredible multimedia power. To learn more about Hollywood itself, please visit the Airsoft Softwair homepage. There are also plenty of screenshots of the Hollywood IDE available here
Hollywood for Windows is available on CD-ROM or as a download version. Users who already own the Amiga version of Hollywood can buy a discounted crossgrade to the Windows version of Hollywood. Please note that this crossgrade is a special offer only available for users of the very latest Hollywood version (4.5).
Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different platforms because it allows you to easily save your projects for many different platforms! And the best thing is that you do not even have to have the operating system you are targetting because Hollywood can compile for all platforms from every platforms it is running on. I.e., you can cross-compile Mac OS X application bundles right from Windows, or you can cross-compile AmigaOS 4 binaries from Windows. Only Hollywood makes it possible!
All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood now!
Airsoft Softwair - talk less, deliver more.