RunInUAE r3 released - Just double-click to run inside UAE!
Date 2-Apr-2010 12:16:37
Topic: Software News
|A major new version of RunInUAE has been released. RunInUAE is intended to make it incredibly easy to run old Amiga games on Amiga OS4, and it comes with an easy installer, so that you can:|
* Run almost any HD installed 68k game (or program) inside E-UAE, by simply double-clicking on it! Including WHDLoad & JOTD JST installed games.[/b]
* Run ADF games by double-clicking them. (Needs a little bit of manual set-up if you don't have at least OS4.1 Update 1.) Otherwise just drag & drop them onto RunInUAE's icon in AmiDock or it's AppIcon.
* The installer can set-up E-UAE with full-speed Sam-optimised settings. But it can also use your existing E-UAE settings if you want.
* The installer will copy the necessary Kickstart ROMs off an Amiga Forever CD, if you don't already have them installed.
* You do *not* need to set-up any assignments, nor create or edit any cryptic scripts or config files, for it to work! (Unlike alternative 'solutions'.)
It also adds basic emulation of floppy drive noises to E-UAE, which is both cool & useful. There are a huge number of improvements, which you can find summarised here.
You can download it from here:
(Will also appear on Aminet & OS4Depot eventually.)