RunInUAE r5 released - Just double-click to run inside UAE!
Date 14-Jul-2011 17:06:52
Topic: Software News
RunInUAE is the easiest & most fool-proof way to run Classic (68k) Amiga games & software on AmigaOS4, especially if you have an AmigaForever CD.
See read more for more.
This release has various small improvements to RunInUAE:
* Reduced the need for an Amiga Forever CD (just supply your own Kickstart files.)
* Improved WHDLoad compatibility.
* Improved E-UAE compatibility, accuracy & performance.
* Fixed an installation bug.
* Fixed RunInUAE to (hopefully!) work on Update 3 of OS4.1.
* Added support for DMS disk images.
* and more![/b]
You can download it from here:
Details of the changes:
* If you do not have an Amiga Forever CD, you no-longer have to supply files from a Workbench 3.1 disk (as a suitable fake WB3.1 will be created).
* Improved WHDLoad compatibility, by adding the "kick34005.A500" & "kick40068.A1200" files, which are needed by some games (such as Lucas Arts adventures).
* Various tweaks to E-UAE's configuration, to improve emulation compatibility, accuracy & performance. Heavily based on DAX's suggestions.
* Fixed an installation bug where RunInUAE might not run right automatically (until it had been run once manually).
* Improved patching of Workbench, to hopefully work on all versions of OS4, including Update 3 for OS4.1.
* Added support for DMS disk images (works the same as ADFs).
* Added option to not change Workbench 3.1's screenmode prefs.
* Added a Help menu item (also recognises the Help key).
* Mason's pretty icons are now used for folders & E-UAE's icon.
What is RunInUAE?
RunInUAE is intended to make it incredibly easy to run old Amiga games on Amiga OS4, and it comes with an easy installer, so that you can:
* Run almost any HD installed 68k game (or program) inside E-UAE, by simply double-clicking on it! Including WHDLoad & JOTD JST installed games.
* Run ADF & DMS games by double-clicking them. (Needs a little bit of manual set-up if you don't have at least OS4.1 Update 1.) Otherwise just drag & drop them onto RunInUAE's icon in AmiDock or it's AppIcon.
* Run CD32 & CDTV games from real or virtual CDs. (Compatibility is not great.)
* The installer can set-up E-UAE with full-speed Sam-optimised settings. But it can also use your existing E-UAE settings if you want.
* The installer will copy the necessary Kickstart ROMs off an Amiga Forever CD, if you don't already have them installed.
* You do *not* need to set-up any assignments, nor create or edit any cryptic scripts or config files, for it to work! (Unlike alternative solutions.)