Finally: YAFA for Amiga
Date 23-Feb-2014 21:53:29
Topic: Software News
|That's cool: Airsoft Softwair is proud to present a YAFA plug-in for Hollywood. This plug-in allows you to load and play IFF YAFA anims (made famous by Infect's Wildfire) with Hollywood. This makes it possible for the first time to view these cool 3D animations known from many wild demo compos in the late 1990s on NG Amiga, Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and Android systems without the need to use an emulator!|
Read more ----->
All known IFF YAFA features are supported including the undocumented hi- and true colour extensions introduced in Wildfire 7. Here are some highlights:
* support for planar, chunky, 15bit, and 24bit YAFA anims
* support for byte, word, and longword delta compression
* HAM6 and HAM8 modes fully supported
* anims that use a dynamic palette are supported
* support for time stamped anims
* native decompressor for XPK FAST, NUKE, and RAKE packed anims; xpkmaster.library is not necessary!
* native decompressor for StoneCracker 4.04 packed anims (used only by early Wildfire versions)
This plug-in is available for free download from the official Hollywood portal. Thanks to Hollywood 5's cross-platform plug-in system versions for AmigaOS3 (Classic), AmigaOS3 (FPU), AmigaOS4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS (Intel), Linux (PowerPC), Linux (Intel), Mac OS (PowerPC), Mac OS (Intel), Windows and Google's Android platform are provided.
You can download lots of YAFA anims from Aminet: Use this link to find them.