Hollywood 6.1 released
Date 13-Mar-2016 11:47:11
Topic: Software News
|Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to present Hollywood 6.1. Hollywood 6.1 is a major update with many new features and bug fixes. The most important new feature is that Hollywood 6.1 now comes with GUIs for Mac OS (x86 and PowerPC) and Linux (x86, PowerPC, ARM). Previously Hollywood could only be used from the command line on these systems. Starting with Hollywood 6.1 the Mac OS and Linux versions come with a native GUI which is identical to the GUI used in the Amiga version. Additionally, Hollywood plugins can now be linked into executables compiled by Hollywood. Speaking of plugins, Hollywood 6.1 contains major extensions to the plugin interface which will be utilized by a soon to be released killer plugin which has been three years in the making. This plugin (codename: Secret Weapon III) will be the most powerful plugin in the history of Hollywood and it will open up a whole new world of programming with Hollywood. And it will be released free of charge for all Hollywood users. So watch this space...|
Here is a non-exhaustive list of new features in Hollywood 6.1:
- Hollywood has a GUI for all supported platforms now
- New sound channel API makes Hollywood's sound library much more flexible
- Hollywood plugins can be linked into executables now
- Support for streaming through sound.datatype on MorphOS
- Functions to conveniently load and save user preferences
- Virtual files can also be opened for writing now
- Fine-tuned control over appicons in the Amiga version
- Android extensions for the Hollywood APK Compiler
- New debugging and event functions
- Several new functions that were requested by users
- More convenient distribution model: the download version no longer requires you to run custom tools to generate an ISO image first; instead download versions are ready-to-run on all platforms now!
- Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes
- Ready for the killer plugin!
Hollywood 6.1 is the ultimate Multimedia experience and a must-have for all creative people. Hollywood is available on a CD-ROM and as a download version. Both versions include Hollywood for all supported platforms. It is no longer necessary to buy separate licenses for the different platforms. Buying Hollywood gives you a single-user license for all 11 platforms supported by Hollywood. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. People who bought Hollywood 6.0 in 2016 can request a free upgrade.
Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other three modern desktop systems, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux! Additionally, Hollywood also supports the Android platform. A truly unique feature is the ability to cross-compile native executables for many different platforms including: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows, Mac OS X (x86 & PPC), and Linux (x86 & PPC & ARM). You don't even have to own these platforms in order to compile executables for them. It's enough to run Hollywood on one of the supported platforms and then compile programs for all the others! Only Hollywood makes it possible. If you want to learn more about Hollywood, please visit the the official Hollywood portal which also has a forum for all questions concerning Hollywood.
All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood 6.1 now!
This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.
The Hollywood GUI on AmigaOS, Linux and Mac OS
Don't forget to visit: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/