MUI 5.0-2016R1 for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k released
Date 30-Aug-2016 12:33:32
Topic: Amigaworld.net News
|The MUI for AmigaOS development team is proud to announce the immediate release of version 5.0-2016R1 of the Magic User Interface for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k. Please find the release archives in our download section.|
Like all former releases a keyfile is required to enable all available settings. Old keyfiles from MUI 3.8 can be used without any restriction.
Please note that MUI5 for AmigaOS3/m68k is definitely targeted at powerful systems with a fast CPU and a fast graphic board. Although it is still possible to run this release on a real 68k machine an emulation like WinUAE is very highly recommended. Also colormapped screens with 256 colors at most are still supported, but MUI5 makes heavy use of fancy truecolor images and effects which cannot be provided on colormapped screens with the full range of possibilities.
These are the most important new features of MUI5:
- inline editing in List objects
- built-in hooks for multicolumn lists
- built-in handling of sortable list columns
- support for fixed (initial) width list columns
- new Textdata class to support UTF8 encoded text (via codesets.library)
- new reordering methods for Group and Family class